460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've installed the Scat 9000 545 BBF stroker kit.. along with RPM Heads 75cc's. The Stock starter turns it over fine with out plugs in it.. but with plugs in it won't turn it worth a poop.. acts like hot starter but motor is cold, New one but old one did same thing. does that sound like the problem?? if so what kind of number of a gear reduction starter
Thanks
tim

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HI OK I got my answer from my Machinist... and Yea to much for stock starters.. he says I'm right close to 11.5 :1 YYEEEOO..looks like fuel for me instead of gas.. or at least a better mixture than I can buy at pumps.. Dam...
so now I need to buy one of those expensive High torque starters..
Thanks
tim

·
Premium Member
8,724 Posts
Or check out the factory gear reduction starters used in the mid 90's F250.

The OEM gear reduction starter for a 1992 auto spins my 11 to 1 460 over just fine. Cranking PSI is 210+

SJ
use 2b RHP

:D

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The OEM gear reduction starter for a 1992 auto spins my 11 to 1 460 over just fine. Cranking PSI is 210+

SJ
use 2b RHP

HI I wondered if those worked when I saw them listed.. might try one.. do you know a number or what the motor was in the 92 was it a 460? or just the one on like summit?
thanks
tim

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow 45 bucks.. I'd be afraid it wouldn't work for long at that price.? anyone had long experience on this

·
Premium Member
8,724 Posts
A high quality starter from autozone or O"Reilys is fine.

1992 F250 with a 460 auto will get you what you want.

SJ
used 2b RHP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts