460 Ford Forum banner

Took my daughter hunting this morning........

1K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  schmitty 
#1 ·
My daughter shot this whitetail buck (her 1st buck) right at first light this morning with a single shot from her 25/06 at a distance of 403 yds... I wish I had my video camera, as he dropped like a sack of rocks at the shot... 8)

About an hour later I shot a huge Muley doe at the same distance...

Doug... 8)

See less See more
#5 ·
First off how could you shoot that poor innocent thing, if you need someone to take the meat I'll come get it.... :D :D :D :D

Second are you sure that's your daughter, to pretty to have come from your loins. Your wife must be beautiful, some people have all the luck. Pretty wife, pretty daughter, get to shoot deer like that and drive a Hot Rod Ford Truck. Man, life just don't get better than that.

400 yard shot??? Hope her boyfriend doesn't do anything stupid... :shock: :shock: :shock:

#6 ·
res0rli9 said:
how yung did you start them on long range shutting.
Pretty much from the time they could understand what it meant...
I started them both out shooting around age 5 with a .22... They could both put 5 shots from a .22 inside a soda can at 100 yds by the time they were 8 yrs old... Guess that's whatcha get when your pops used to snipe in the Army... :wink: 8)

It all boils down to practice, practice, practice... :wink:

Doug... 8)

#9 ·
Congrats Doug, boy you hardly ever see ladies around here shooting deer. Especially one's her age. I almost thought about going tomorrow morning myself but than I thought about 20 degree morning, deer stand for around 2 hours. I than saw my warm bed and the thermostat set at 68 and thought nope not going to do it . Been 5 years since I last went, I just hate the cold.
Again CONGRATS and tell your daughter Congrats also. :lol:

Doug Benton

#10 ·
plowboy34 said:
First off how could you shoot that poor innocent thing, if you need someone to take the meat I'll come get it.... :D :D :D :D

Second are you sure that's your daughter, to pretty to have come from your loins. Your wife must be beautiful, some people have all the luck. Pretty wife, pretty daughter, get to shoot deer like that and drive a Hot Rod Ford Truck. Man, life just don't get better than that.

400 yard shot??? Hope her boyfriend doesn't do anything stupid... :shock: :shock: :shock:

your wrong, she got her looks from Doug, can't you tell, he has none left. :lol:

#12 ·
Doug, tell that young lady that all us hunters are proud of her.
After seeing these pictures my 9 year old daughter wants me to take her. :?

#14 ·
You betcha Jeff... What's cool...? I'll sit beside any one of my kids and hit the target with the rangefinder, tell them how far it is while they're getting their sight picture, then they set the scope to the specific yardage and get down to business... I couldn't be more proud of both of them... :D :D 8)

Doug... 8)

#15 ·
I don't hunt - at all - but my daughter is just crazy for it. She's bought a 22-250, a 30-30, a .22, and a 12 guage shotgun in the last year. And her boyfriend got her a clay thrower for her birthday. Don't know where she gets it from...

#16 ·
Doug , your a fine teacher! wish you were my dad! my daughter shot her first doe @ 12yrs old, 3years ago! she hasen't been hunting since. I haven't hunted in 9 yrs.

#18 ·
deerhunter3814 said:
plowboy34 said:

your wrong, she got her looks from Doug, can't you tell, he has none left. :lol:
Now that is the funniest thing I've read in quite a while. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.