460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So bragging a little bit, the student organization I am a member of and Secretary on the board of was chosen to recieve the Outstanding Student Section Award this year. This makes I believe the 4th out of 5 years we have submitted an entry to the contest that we have won. I am a safety major and talking with many people around the country in the profession, it seems that anyone graduating with a safety degree and mentions Murray State its pretty much a guaranteed / raise over other candidates for the job. Makes me have a brighter outlook after december. We put alot of work into the packet that we sent in for judging. Im very proud we won. A student section president, myself and 2 people taking over officer positions are going to get to fly to Orlando this summer for 4 days to a conference to accept the award. Meet people from the national organization and do some well needed networking. I'll be handing out resumes and particularly pointing out the fact im slated to graduate in December.

Anyways that is all Just bragging a little bit about what I hear is the best program in the country for my chosen field. Im just glad to be a part of it.

B

·
Registered
236 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!
I admire anyone who excells at what they do!!

Anyone can do a half-aszed job at something...but to be at the top in their field, that's AWESOME!
I'm sure that all that hard work will pay off for you by landing a great job offer - probably before you graduate in December!

Good Luck!
StickBBF :)

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Great job Brad. 8)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Congratulations!
Too many people nowadays make a half-hearted effort in everything they do. Worse yet, today's society even accepts/rewards it (mediocrity).

230 Posts
hey jeff!!

we expect to see that white mustang back next year running 6.90 s or better , put the beer down , get the wrenches out ....you and your crew chief !! ...Adney :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Brad,

Nice work! Don't do what I did. Got my degree in Business at WSU and I drive a truck. :lol: However, it is my own company and I do enjoy what I do, for the most part...very important. Now if fuel didn't cost so damn much....:D Good luck in your endeavors. :D

Rick S.

www.strohsauto.com

·
Registered
236 Posts
TrickFlowRick said:
Nice work! Don't do what I did. Got my degree in Business at WSU and I drive a truck. :lol: However, it is my own company and I do enjoy what I do, for the most part...very important. Good luck in your endeavors. :D
I'm sure that your Business degree helps you in operating your own business..... so it wasn't all for nothing.

I really appreciate you mentioning the importance of, ENJOYING WHAT YOU DO FOR A LIVING.... I have known WAY too many folks that simply HATE what they do to make a paycheck. Life is way too short to go through it being so unhappy 24/7.... I suggest to young folks whether you are an Astronaut or a Taxi Driver, just do what you LIKE to do. If you like what you do for a living, chances are you'll be good at it & be in the top of your field - AND - you'll live a happy life. Money doesn't make you happy, because if it did, you wouldn't read about rich folks committing suicide....

StickBBF :)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll have to find me a car builder. That way I figure I can buy the parts and pay them to put it together so I don't get frustrated and sell it before the project is finished... That seems to be a re-occurring trend as we have seen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts