460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use for rear pads. 2003 F350 diesel. I'm trying to decide between the NAPA super heavy duty ceramic or the OEM Ford

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
NAPA all the way. Make sure you get the right ones though. They make a heavy duty pad for people who tow/haul all the time. These are not good for the weekender or once a month tow guy.

NAPA ceramic is very low dust. I was very happy with them on my 2001 F250 PSD.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The Napa standard ceramic = O.E. Ford. I suggest the Napa HD pads if your doing a lot of towing / hauling with it though. If its a "weekender" just get the standard pads.

·
Registered
354 Posts
What do you guys use for rear pads. 2003 F350 diesel. I'm trying to decide between the NAPA super heavy duty ceramic or the OEM Ford
I have been using Hawk LTS pads on my 03 F350. They offer many different grades of pads from soft to a hard towing pad. You will have to select your truck on there pull down menu. They also offer them for more applications then shown.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/results.jsp?autoMake=Ford&autoModel=F350+SupCab+4wd&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=&brand=&category=Pads

·
Registered
372 Posts
I run the motorcraft severe duty pads on my f350.After pulling my 46ft with factory pads and it not wanting to stop i up graded to the severe dutys and it really makes a difference.I figured i could replace rotors every now and then alot easier than front fenders and grills.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Back when we worked on cars we used to sell some brake pads from an outfit called FCI. They were carbon fiber or something. Excellent wear, quiet, didn't eat the rotors and they performed well when hot.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appreciate the info guys, went with the NAPA. Truck stops REEAAL good when the pads are hot.

These pads are super simple to change. Took longer to jack-up the truck than to change the pads.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Appreciate the info guys, went with the NAPA. Truck stops REEAAL good when the pads are hot.

These pads are super simple to change. Took longer to jack-up the truck than to change the pads.
Did you lube the caliper slide pins when you had it down? Those not being lubed is the reason the pads will wear out prematurely. I used a tube of stuff from NAPA called Synglide for lubing them.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you lube the caliper slide pins when you had it down? Those not being lubed is the reason the pads will wear out prematurely. I used a tube of stuff from NAPA called Synglide for lubing them.
No - bellows were in good shape and the pins moved very freely. May be wrong but figured if the bellows were OK and the pins slid free I'd be good to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts