460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to trade a set of new bare C-460 heads for a set of new style TFS A-460 heads, preferably the 18 bolt heads. Nothing wrong with them. just decided not to use them.
Thanks

PM for $ on C heads
Yes I have both heads.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
THEY ARE BETTER THEN A A HEAD WHY NOT USEING THEM?????????

·
Registered
31 Posts
4-5 grand?? what the heck all you gotta have?? are they offering a bar of gold in with that work??

Man, I am thinking I might be way outta my league as far as big block stuff if that is what they cost......

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:shock: By the time you get them CNC'ed ($1600), valve job ($400), at least titanium intake valves ($1000), exhaust valves ($400 +), shaft rockers ($1500 +). Yep your knocking on the door of $5000. That doesn't include what I spent buying the bare heads.

·
Registered
31 Posts
HOLY HIGH BUDGETS BATMAN!!!!

I just cant handle that much for a set of heads, let alone justifying that to my fiancee. She'd cut my things off and have them puree'd so I would never have an urge for racing again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Big Ed said:
I just cant handle that much for a set of heads, let alone justifying that to my fiancee. She'd cut my things off and have them puree'd so I would never have an urge for racing again.
Sounds like you might need a new fiancee ;)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
intake ?

what intake do they use and what is the minimum bore size. i have some new A heads but they are not 18 bolt.my said that i had to have a 4.500 to work. my heads are built

·
Registered
88 Posts
CNC'ed ($1600), valve job ($400), at least titanium intake valves ($1000), exhaust valves ($400 +), shaft rockers ($1500 +).

The only thing I see you will not HAVE to have on a set of A heads is the Shaft rockers. Which you could find for $1000 but you still have to HAVE rockers so a good set will run $400 a difference of $600..or so

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
if you put in the cost of the intakes price closes up, stud girdle even tighter. A460 can be got from Summit ready to run, C460 seperate parts only from Ford, plus labor to run, spreads the price some cost dosnt take in block thats used or needed

1 - 20 of 33 Posts