• Bad idea

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We will try this and see how it works. There is some rules.

1. Make sure you have tried all channels of communication before leaving negative feedback.
2. If you do leave negative feed back make sure you explain your self. Don't just say they suck and never buy from them. Be ready to explain yourself with proof.
3. Don't post about yourself or no one you have never delt with.
4. No off topic conversations.
5. Positive feedback is more than welcome.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i haven't sold anything on the forum in awhile... As a matter of fact i havent been on here much at all lately.. First off.. im sorry to the guys that got ripped off by Blackwidow... Ford guys are mostly all good guys... i hope you get your money back... Secondly, i think this feedback thread is a great idea... props for being pro-active

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The Good:
BBF466CAPRI: Header and Motor mounts!
WAYPASTCRAZY : Forged Rods
JRBEANE67: Canton Swap Pan
CarsBYCarl: Cam and lifters so far.....Springs and retainers soon!

The Bad:
None yet

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Isnt that what the reputation button is for Jones ----Does Chilly have that feature turned off .??

i just added to your reputation Jones ---as an example but it doesnt show up on the screen --ck in you details section and see if it showed up .

underneath your post count
Someone else mentioned that before but I have yet to see it. I'll have to look around for it.

I don't know how that works?

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I can say that I have bought a lot of stuff from members here and it has all been good.
Richter69-converter
Lem Evans-rotating assembly and misc
ThndrChkn-heads
Barker Racing Service-Blue pump and bolts
Steve Vardion-Intake
Sorry if I didn't get everyone, but no bad so far.:)

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I think DTIMMER has taken me for 150 bux. we'll see. he recieved my money order three weeks ago, i'm still waiting for a tracking number or even a response as to why i haven't recieved my parts...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Well two thoughts...

First of all thanks for the efforts Jones it is appreciated.:D

Yes having some kind of way to rate sellers and buyers is good. :D

No matter how many posts you make a guy put up first he still has to sell to somebody that first time,,, so not sure about that one. :confused:

This thread will become very long and pretty much useless in a pretty short time anyway so personally I dont think this is the best vehicle to accomplish the task. :confused:

It needs to be specific to the individual somehow.

If I go to buy something I dont want to have to read through seven or eight pages of posts trying to find any reference to the guy.

The little scale icon may work but once again you have to start somewhere and if you have never sold anything your scale is going to tip over....:(

Secondly... in the matter of DTIMMER...:(:( as referenced above:(:(

I have been trying to complete a deal with him since early November. I sent him 135 bucks for a used C4 to BBF ultrabell. I can only blame myself for not checking on him enough or insisting on better contact info. Initially he claimed a death in the family had made him forget to send it. Then he dissappeared off the face of the earth for about 2 months. I pm'd him, mailed him a letter, I made a couple posts here looking for him, no luck.

Then when we changed to the new site his name started popping up in the on line list from time to time. I sent him another pm which he finally replied to. Said that his reasons for not sending me the bell would sound like excuses and that he wanted to make things right.

I said send me the money back and we are clear.

That was about three weeks ago now and no check???

Use your best judgement when dealing with him.

thx

dkp

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I think a member's reputation statis is great to have, but I have to agree w/BossHoss it seems there should be a easier way.
I have dealt w/alot of guy's on this forum and have forgotten whom alot of them are. I will try to write down the names of those and post them.
I think if we all get our little gearbrains together we can make this idea work.:)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
These are the members that I have more than happy dealing with.
Lem Evans-RaceParts
Charlie Evans-Porting
32 Altered- Intake trade
Damon Sea- DVD's
CW Racing(Cliff Wright) A460 Tunnel Ram
Dirt Worker-roller cam
ThunderChicken's Brother(don't remember his handle)- Headers and engine plate
Filucky- 3 Way head trade
Comet 390-3 way head trade
Adney Brown- Forged Crank

GT MAN- He's the only member that did'nt keep his word.I bought a Jomar Girdle from him and he shorted me on the polylocks and would'nt call or send the part.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts