• Bad idea

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
I STILL LIKE E BAYS WAY

PUT SAY A { RED SQUARE} ON ONE OF EVERY BODYS NAME AND A{ GREEN SQUARE} ON THE OTHER SIDE

IF SOMEONE SOLD SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT WHAT THEY SAID IT WAS,
or
TOOK SOMEONE'S MOMEY AND DID NOT SEND THEM THERE PARTS

THEY GET A NUMBER IN THE { RED SQUARE } FOR EACH TIME

AND INSTAD OF HAVEING TO LOOK THROW A 1000 PEOPLE

TO SEE IF HE SCREWED SOME ONE

YOU JUST CLECK ON THE { RED SQUARE } NEXT TO HIS NAME
AND
IT WOULD TELL YOU WHO SAID HE DID AND WHAT
AND
WHAT THE SELL HAS TO SAY ABOUT IT
AND
ONLY THE BUYER & THE SELLER CAN USE IT TO TALL ABOUT EACH OTHER

EVERY ONE ELSE CAN JUST READ ABOUT

·
Registered
154 Posts
JMayabb great to deal with!

Bought a K-member with A-arms and struts. Responded quickly to my request and gave me a great deal! Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Well two thoughts...

First of all thanks for the efforts Jones it is appreciated.:D

Yes having some kind of way to rate sellers and buyers is good. :D

No matter how many posts you make a guy put up first he still has to sell to somebody that first time,,, so not sure about that one. :confused:

This thread will become very long and pretty much useless in a pretty short time anyway so personally I dont think this is the best vehicle to accomplish the task. :confused:

It needs to be specific to the individual somehow.

If I go to buy something I dont want to have to read through seven or eight pages of posts trying to find any reference to the guy.

The little scale icon may work but once again you have to start somewhere and if you have never sold anything your scale is going to tip over....:(

Secondly... in the matter of DTIMMER...:(:( as referenced above:(:(

I have been trying to complete a deal with him since early November. I sent him 135 bucks for a used C4 to BBF ultrabell. I can only blame myself for not checking on him enough or insisting on better contact info. Initially he claimed a death in the family had made him forget to send it. Then he dissappeared off the face of the earth for about 2 months. I pm'd him, mailed him a letter, I made a couple posts here looking for him, no luck.

Then when we changed to the new site his name started popping up in the on line list from time to time. I sent him another pm which he finally replied to. Said that his reasons for not sending me the bell would sound like excuses and that he wanted to make things right.

I said send me the money back and we are clear.

That was about three weeks ago now and no check???

Use your best judgement when dealing with him.

thx

dkp

I sent him 150 dollars for that same bellhousing and a piar of motor mounts. MAIL FRAUD.

I'm going to start a new thread on this guy

"Is wayne brady gonna have to choke a bitch?"

·
Registered
242 Posts
1997superstang(stock460) shipped immediately parts as said
robmac shipped immediately, intake as said
moonshinerunners parts were shipped immediately according to usps tracking, havent received yet. but should soon. parts came in mar 11, everything looks good. thanks keith.
still waiting for cam swap return from simsbud2, but item is packaged i guess.
parts from cp598 should be shipped soon, thanks vern.
made deal with schmitty but i backed out, sorry schmitty, i know you made a few calls.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
No problem Kyle, I understand totally. It was going to be a PITA to ship across the border anyway.:) Glad to hear you got something worked out up there with your local machinist.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Paul Kane

Paul is second to none! All the way around A-A-A-+ Service, Stayed in contact and on top of the shipment until it arrived. packaging was remarkable, parts were excellent,The only way it could of been any better is if he delivered them himself with a 12-pack in hand.
Thanks Again Paul.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Jones is a great guy to deal with. He sent the parts iimediatlet, packed very well, and exactly as he described. Ill deal with him any day.

·
Registered
324 Posts
feed back

Boss if the guy is being a pin head then it is a perfect example of why it is a great Idea. I hope he makes it right. If he doesn't let us now. you didn't deserve poor treatment. I have had 2 Posting's locked by Jones. I know why he did it and Respect him for it. He did the right thing. some times it is just mute. The guy's here are great. I love this site and it is evolving(getting better, more people= More Help) I think if we had a link to a Buyer and seller feed back it would keep the other forums free of Trashing

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
It would be nice to have something not allowing members with fewer than 100 posts to post in the auction Block or Something similar that, its done on a few other sites that way.

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
also be nice if they had like to post so many in other forums to use the Auction block, we have an awful lot of parts snatchers on here snatching parts and selling them in their business or just use this for selling their parts.... no other post in any forums on here at all..... just money makes for them.....

Randy

·
Registered
125 Posts
Matt Heady from Blackwell, MO. Has never paid for the manual valveboby I sent him. I don't think he is a forum member here but visits the site.

·
Registered
318 Posts
It would be nice to have something not allowing members with fewer than 100 posts to post in the auction Block or Something similar that, its done on a few other sites that way.
No dis-respect here, but I only have around 43-44 posts, so far ive bought A460 heads and intake, fuel pump and filter, and payment on the way to a guy for a set of A460 pistons. All from the auction block. If a rule like that would be put into effect I'd pretty much be up the creeck. I'm trying to build a good engine from mostly used parts because i'm on a really tight budget. I dont have a lot of posts because I believe in keeping my mouth shut unless I have something useful to add or something I need to ask. I'm still in the learning curve for the BBF stuff, but I assure you i'm in here for the long haul. One of these days I hope to know enough to start helping people out to, but until then, I'll have a pretty low post count.

My point is the only thing a post requirement will do is make people post BS to get the count up to use the auction block and possibly keep others who really need the auction block locked out. Again, not trying to step on toes, this is just my opinion.

As for the dead beats who scam people? It is unfortunate but buyer beware, this the biggest downfall of doing business over the internet. Its nice having a place to come buy good parts you need for a fair price from like minded folks. There should be a feedback system setup but also a section in the auction block for disputes for admin to keep tabs on repeat offenders.

Thanks for letting me express my opinons, Dave.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
No dis-respect here, but I only have around 43-44 posts, so far ive bought A460 heads and intake, fuel pump and filter, and payment on the way to a guy for a set of A460 pistons. All from the auction block. If a rule like that would be put into effect I'd pretty much be up the creeck. I'm trying to build a good engine from mostly used parts because i'm on a really tight budget. I dont have a lot of posts because I believe in keeping my mouth shut unless I have something useful to add or something I need to ask. I'm still in the learning curve for the BBF stuff, but I assure you i'm in here for the long haul. One of these days I hope to know enough to start helping people out to, but until then, I'll have a pretty low post count.

My point is the only thing a post requirement will do is make people post BS to get the count up to use the auction block and possibly keep others who really need the auction block locked out. Again, not trying to step on toes, this is just my opinion.

As for the dead beats who scam people? It is unfortunate but buyer beware, this the biggest downfall of doing business over the internet. Its nice having a place to come buy good parts you need for a fair price from like minded folks. There should be a feedback system setup but also a section in the auction block for disputes for admin to keep tabs on repeat offenders.

Thanks for letting me express my opinons, Dave.
Dave,
I think they are saying the people that would be locked out would be the ones who are only trying to sell something, anyone should still be able to buy parts.

Good point on why someone might have a low post count too.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Dave,
I think they are saying the people that would be locked out would be the ones who are only trying to sell something, anyone should still be able to buy parts.

Good point on why someone might have a low post count too.
OH, ok. Sorry I missed the point. Well then that makes a lot of sense then. LOL, maybe one of those times I should ave kept my mouth shut, Dave.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Dave,You do have some good points that I agree with. I do more buying than selling on the Block. I use all of the things that I buy and resell hardly anything. I def. need to sell some sh.. to get it out of my way. I give more things away than I sell :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
good dealings

I bought a fuel pump from rvesterby and it was sent timely and was in the condition that he said it was, be glad to deal with him again

21 - 40 of 259 Posts