• Bad idea

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
fastbarry is A1

Fastbarry is definately one of the GOOD ONES! We had a great deal, even after he got screwed around by someone else. Shows his character & trust after being jacked around like he previously was. Buy & sell with confidence with him!

Thanks
Joel (Fox514)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Fox514 a+++ good guy

Fastbarry is definately one of the GOOD ONES! We had a great deal, even after he got screwed around by someone else. Shows his character & trust after being jacked around like he previously was. Buy & sell with confidence with him!

Thanks
Joel (Fox514)

thanks Joel,

Fox 514 is great to deal with as well. during our deal, he more than held up to his end of the bargan. VERY patient and understanding. I would buy from him again and vouch for him any time. A++++++++

thanks,

barry

·
Registered
36 Posts
post count

Well guys this is my $.02
The minimum post count is ok to a certain point.I am on about 12 different websites and only 2 of those sites have a minimum post count rule.It works to keep out the "scammers" to a point but,if somebody really wants to get at you they will spend the time to get thier post count up and gain your trust and then stick it to you,I have seen it too many times.I have been selling on ebay for almost 7 years now and even with ebay rules I still got taken for $1000 by some jerkoff in Florida.On another note,if BillyJoeJimBob is looking for a certain part and nobody has it but the guy with less than 100 post then guess what,BillyJoeJimBob is SOL.I have a part time business and what my business is I buy and part out mustangs and some ford trucks and even dealing with people away from a website can be a somewhat pain in the whazoo.You still have those scammers and non payers to deal with but,I can't hold everybody off because of a couple bad deals.
My post count is low but,if anybody wants to check my rep you can check my ebay profile,my user name is diditin03 and I have 100% feedback. There are also a couple members on here that can vouch for me as well.

Long story short,if you go with the minimum post count your gonna knock out a bunch of good guys that have good parts forsale and at the same time your gonna keep somebody from finding the parts they need or want.
As for the feedback,I think it is a good thing to have but,why not make it where when you post up something forsale you MUST post your name,address and contact number.

·
Registered
294 Posts
bs632 ----Good rating

Just bought Canton pan, pickup and dip stick from Butch. On time, what was ordered and in good condition.

Others:
Lem
Doug-Thunderchicken
Chuck-Alma,GA

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
CPSCoupe361 is a good seller

DPSCoupe361 is a good person to buy from I bought a oil pump it was just what he said it was and shipped quick thanks alot
Jim

·
Registered
728 Posts
Haven't had too much experience with non-personal transactions over the internet but I did purchase a set of eagle rods from a fellow on here a couple years ago and i definitely did not get screwed, sorry to all that do it is very unfortunate.

RocketcarX is a solid guy, I just traded an intake for a set of rods/pistons a couple weeks ago. We met personally but I'll give him a thumbs up for anyone who may deal with him.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Mustang93 Good to Deal With

Mustang93 is a good guy to deal with paid with paypal and forgot to add for paypal offered on send it to him but he told me not to worry about it.Not saying that for anyone to use so they don't have to paypal charge to someone it was just a mistake on my behalf.

Thanks Jim

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
turbo528onlp ????

we made a trade on 4-07-09 i traded him a cam and lifters for a holley 750 carb. we where suppose to send them at the same time. i sent the cam and lifters the next day he got it in a week. this is shipping from Ga. to canada. he was going to pay for his shipping down here and i was paying shipping up there. well i checked with the usps and ups we have at work it cost me $45 to ship the cam and lifters by ups and usps wanted $78. but when his wife received them he said she had to pay import tax on them i didnt know that and he lelf me his # but when the site went down last month it was lost i have pmed him week after week and offered to pay the inport tax but i want until i receive the carb.looks like right now he has a free cam and lifters on my behalf and i'm out everything. but if any of you have his phone # if you would pm it to me for i can call him and ask him about all this.it would be helpful looks like i will have to fine another carb later.thanks to Zinger he got me his phone # so i will be calling he to see what up.

Jim

I just got a PM from James he is trying to get this cleared up with me this was on 11-28-09
It is 12-6-09 and have not heard back from him so I don't know if he want to settle or clear this up or not.

·
Registered
178 Posts
No dis-respect here, but I only have around 43-44 posts, so far ive bought A460 heads and intake, fuel pump and filter, and payment on the way to a guy for a set of A460 pistons. All from the auction block. If a rule like that would be put into effect I'd pretty much be up the creeck. I'm trying to build a good engine from mostly used parts because i'm on a really tight budget. I dont have a lot of posts because I believe in keeping my mouth shut unless I have something useful to add or something I need to ask. I'm still in the learning curve for the BBF stuff, but I assure you i'm in here for the long haul. One of these days I hope to know enough to start helping people out to, but until then, I'll have a pretty low post count.

My point is the only thing a post requirement will do is make people post BS to get the count up to use the auction block and possibly keep others who really need the auction block locked out. Again, not trying to step on toes, this is just my opinion.

As for the dead beats who scam people? It is unfortunate but buyer beware, this the biggest downfall of doing business over the internet. Its nice having a place to come buy good parts you need for a fair price from like minded folks. There should be a feedback system setup but also a section in the auction block for disputes for admin to keep tabs on repeat offenders.

Thanks for letting me express my opinons, Dave.
I agree with you 100%, looking for BBF parts brought me here to this site and I visit it often, lots of great info here. I have sold a few things threw here, a NOS refill station a Victor intake and Dominator to Greenland or Iceland one of those lands, and I am sure a few other things, just not coming to mind right now. I have bought a few things threw here also. I have been here since 2006 and am only at 84 posts with this one. I could become a post whore and run it up but if you dont have anything useful to add whats the point? I myself would rather search posts than be a pain in the *** or look like a dumbass for asking stupid questions.

I dont know who it was that said something about people buying stuff and re-selling it but I guess I dont see the problem with that, if someone put their price on something and they sell it they are happy right? And if some one has the money to speculate on buying and selling let them have at it, I wish I had extra money to do that with! Explain your argument for that cause I am totaly missing your side, it might be valid but I am just not getting it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Brian_Eyler

Brian_Eyler Nothing but good to say about the man, bought a Reed roller cam, springs, Comp retainers, and Comp rollers from him. He is in PA. He was comming to Minnesota on vacation and brought the stuff with to save me shipping, not only did he get it to Minnesota he drove another 110-120 miles to meet me to give me some pointers. Cant beat a guy like that!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Mustang93 is a great guy to deal with. Cot a screaming deal on a MSD Ignition Controller. Paid him with Paypal and had it in my hands a few days later!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
84Mustang is a great guy and true to his word, sent him $6000 for an aluminum short block and it was everything he said it was!!
Frank

·
Registered
486 Posts
mustang_86 Great guy do deal with thanks

Curt Great guy to deal with

dwheeler79 great guy to deal with also

thanks 460ford

·
Registered
386 Posts
ractex

RACTEX

Would not buy from him. i purchased a hex adjust timing chain and he did not send all the parts for it and then when i sent a few pm HE GOT SHITTY WITH ME AND THEN TOLD ME HE WOULD NOT TAKE IT BACK .

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey why dont you tell the true story dumbass since they have access to the pm's! You have NEVER said anything about missing parts in a single pm. You sent a pm saying it wouldnt fit your dowl on the cam that my cam must have had a bigger dowl. I told you then to send it back and I would refund your money except for shipping. I did not make a mistake. You changed your mind and wanted your money back. I took a stock timing chain and put it on the cam to make shure it wasnt my fault. Still I offered then you got shitty about the shipping fees not being returned. I have bought and sold to 100 460 members and gotten thanks and good replies from them and most still buy parts. I never had a single complaint in all my years as NX internet shipper. If something wasnt right I took care of it. There was nothing wrong with what you were shipped and it was as listed. I was called by another member who had just recieved his headers and told me you were talking trash on here. I hope you get a real bad deal on the internet so you can see how it could be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think it's a Great Idea! Especially rule #2!

For example: I sold a 514 engine I had posted on here back in January of this year to a very satisfied buyer.

Well, I have another 514 engine posted on here that is similar to the one I sold back in
January of this year, and have been trying to sell it since March of this year and
I have posted it 9 times since, trying to sell it. Well, someone on here, I won't mention names other than to say he's an idiot, casted suspicion and accusations upon me without reading all my previous posts or even bothering to e-mail me first with his suspicions before commenting on my post! I do hope this individual and others practice rule #2.

I'm a true FORD GUY! I wouldn't sell anything to a FORD BROTHER that wasn't sound, let alone rip him off!

In additon, may I ask if there is a limit on posting the same item? Like I said, I'm trying to sell this other 514 I have, and I have posted it 9 times since March. Please advise.

Thank You,
[email protected]..

41 - 60 of 259 Posts