460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of going to FFW in Orlando this spring. I have heard that the state dot is a pain towards long tow rigs that don't first get a state permit. I was looking at the permiting site and it looks like it goes by just trailer length (>53'?), not the combined length? I'm pulling 48' with a full size crew cab so I am concerned. Anybody have experiance with this sort of thing in Flordia?
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
75' overall length.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
The Professor said:
I'm thinking of going to FFW in Orlando this spring. I have heard that the state dot is a pain towards long tow rigs that don't first get a state permit. I was looking at the permiting site and it looks like it goes by just trailer length (>53'?), not the combined length? I'm pulling 48' with a full size crew cab so I am concerned. Anybody have experiance with this sort of thing in Flordia?
Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff,

We pull a trailer in Florida all the time (32 foot) and have never had a problem with LE. Our truck and trailer are registered in Florida; don't know if that makes any difference?

If you are going to the March 09 event you might want to get there EARLY! Speedworld goes nutz as that is the first event of the year and everybody shows up. If you show up late you can still compete but you have to park waaaaaaaay down at the shutdown area of the track.

Bruce

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Jeff,

BTW, I heard they don't call it Fun Ford any more. Ford is calling it the "Battle of the Brands"? Sounds like non-ford type vehicles are going to show up?

Anybody else have any info on this??

Bruce

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
according to the press release, it will indeed be open to all make and manufacture, and they were really hitting the chevy web sights to get the word out.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
oh no. after ten years of world ford challenges, it switched to all makes and that was it. all done. chev and mopar guys talk alot about what they used to do 40 years ago. too bad. i would rather race my wuss street fords. bobn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts