460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
8,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like blown fairlane got his wish . 700+ looks and 20 + replies . Little to none engine tech going on . He has F'ed up the forum . It is what he wanted IMO .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, he is such a benefit to the forum. I couldn't imagine it without him here. I just signed up to this one today and I'm already fed up with him.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
That's one of the best features of this new format for the board, he could have a million replies on that post and it wouldn't take up more than one space on the screen, cool....

·
Registered
512 Posts
Dang Lem, I thought you had seen one on TV...

We had a bad train crash down here in AL a few hours ago. David Cole from this drives a train close to that area, but luckily wasn't on this train.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Re: Dang Lem, I thought you had seen one on TV...

ProF100 said:
We had a bad train crash down here in AL a few hours ago. David Cole from this drives a train close to that area, but luckily wasn't on this train.
Good that David wasn't on that train!

As a side note, I know this isn't going to be popular, but I never really liked fairlanes anyway. too boxy and heavy, eh just My .02.

I'd run him lol

·
Registered
359 Posts

JSracing said:
ProF100 said:

As a side note, I know this isn't going to be popular, but I never really liked fairlanes anyway. too boxy and heavy, eh just My .02.

Wait, let me get this straight - you have an F100, and don't like Fairlanes because THEY'RE boxy and heavy???

Scott

·
Registered
175 Posts

bulletpruf said:
JSracing said:
ProF100 said:

Wait, let me get this straight - you have an F100, and don't like Fairlanes because THEY'RE boxy and heavy???

Scott
Thats funny :lol: , besides the 68-69 Fairlane's aren't boxy or too heavy. I like em better than the 66-67's lol now Im going to get it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I didn't say that Scott, Jerry did....

I do have an F-100 and do like Fairlanes. My Dad has two of them and we have a 460 to go in one of them. :D Jerry doesn't care for them and that's cool. A lot of folks don't like trucks for dragracing, but that's cool too. No big deal at all, just wanted to clear that up. :)

Don't get me in trouble Jerry, :wink: I need all the friends I can get. :D

David

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Re: I didn't say that Scott, Jerry did....

ProF100 said:
A lot of folks don't like trucks for dragracing, but that's cool too. :)
David
Hey David, sort of off topic, but a friend of mine who has a chassis shop here in Austin just finished an early 70's Chebby drag truck. Thought it interesting how light it is considering that it's all steel body except the 'glass hood. Has mild-steel frame-rails, moly cage (not a funny car style), strut front susp, and weighs 1550# dry. Watched them disassemble it for paint Sun night. Has a Bill Mitchel 800h.p. big block (iron tall-deck block). Customer wanted it light... I guess he accomplished that.

What is that beast of yours going to weigh? I know it has a bunch more tubing in it.

:)

·
Registered
512 Posts
About 2350....

without the driver. It weighs 1500 lbs with the trans fully rolling. The engine adds 750 lbs.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Re: I didn't say that Scott, Jerry did....

ProF100 said:
I do have an F-100 and do like Fairlanes. My Dad has two of them and we have a 460 to go in one of them. :D Jerry doesn't care for them and that's cool. A lot of folks don't like trucks for dragracing, but that's cool too. No big deal at all, just wanted to clear that up. :)

Don't get me in trouble Jerry, :wink: I need all the friends I can get. :D

David
I like trucks and fairlanes. I just dont really think the fairlane body is all that sweet looking. Trucks are supposed to look boxy. Cars arent.

I have a 69 Mustang, not a truck. there David that should take the heat off you man. lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Man this is going to stir it up.I have a 64 f100,a 72 Comet,79 f150 4x4,67 390 Cougar,79 Bronco.I just like Fords in general,we should keep the vehicle bashing aimed towards the Hondas and junk.I have got lots of friends with Fords,Chevs,Mopars,and other than little digs here and there we all have respect for each others junk.Even if i don't particularally like the model of there ride i still appreciate the heart and soul these guys put into their stuff.Can't we all just get along :D .Derek.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts