460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been thinking bout a t brake for kids mud truck. Been looking at tci brake, but have read post about merckle brakes. Does anybody know pros n cons of either. At the moment we foot brake n launch at 36 to 3800. Have tci manual rev vb now and fti 4000 hard hit stall. Have used tci kits in all my trans rebuilds with good results. Leaning towards tci brake.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Do u know are they reverse pattern, that's what my son and I like.

Franks are reverse pattern yes . Best you will get .. He gives you all the specs also to assemble the trans to suit exactly . Get onto him it's getting about time for him taking orders for this years build.

The next choice would be Broader .

Do yourself one huge favour and DON't get TCI brake, your trans will be junk in no time .
Frank has actually fixed the TCI ones so they can work

Just curious, How's the R.M valvebody you have now? My experience with them is a bad 2-3 flare , and that was in a TCI built trans as well that failed with very little use

·
Registered
773 Posts
we take off in sec and shift to third at 6700.

Any Brakes available for C6's are 1st gear brakes.

I think Frank was developing a 2nd gear leave brake but haven't heard that it is ready to go.

I have a broader and it works for me but i haven't used one of Franks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If we install a t brake, will probably have to change gears and eliminate transfer case and install chain drive from ritd. If merkl does have 2nd gear t brake that would simplify things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts