460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from the Ford Lovers West Coast Nationals! Had a great time; lots of fast Fords out there and it was fun being part of the event.

Now I am looking for advice regarding my transmission, and I am sure that this has been chewed over before, so bear with me.

My C6 is getting soft in the shifting and more than likely needs a rebuild. I have no trans brake and leave on a line lock at about 1800 rpm. The chassis can handle a more powerful launch, and I am looking to reduce some weight from the car.

The car is a 67 tube chassis Fairlane with a 4 link. It has a A head 466, with a C6 and a 3500 converter. I have been driving it on the street for 4 years, and the C6 has performed flawlessly. Now that the car is seeing more track time, I need to take the next logical step, and I think the transmisison is the place to start.

A wiff of NOS by way of a fogger is on the horizon.

I think a built C4 with a trans brake is more than likely what I will need. Dont know where to start. I want to spend the money once, so I am looking for recommendations from the board on a good setup and a good company.

Speaking with someone at the event said that there is a company that offers a C4 with a LIFETIME WARRANTY??? I could not believe this so I googled C4 transmission lifetime warranty and came up with a company out of Florida. JD'S performance.

http://www.jdsperformance.com/index.asp?initemuid=280&fcmd=item&inmake=0

Has anyone used this company before and what is your impression of them. This transmission goes for just under 2K.

Any advice is appreciated! What benefits can I see in a trans swap like this or should I just rebuild the C6 with a brake?

Thanks much!!!
Bryan

·
Registered
278 Posts
Actually, Performance Automatic is out of Maryland, they have a network of selling dealers besides themselves. www.performanceautomatic.com

I'd be leery of the warranty. When I last read it, there were a lot of loopholes for them to get out of it. On top of it you are in Cali, you would be looking at least 3 weeks downtime at a minimum.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Help Help Help!

Hey, over 100 people have read this posting, and only one reply? I am sure that in that group there has to of been at least someone that has faced this and come up with a solution....

Just looking for opinions,
Thanks, Bryan

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Help Help Help!

Hey, over 100 people have read this posting, and only one reply? I am sure that in that group there has to of been at least someone that has faced this and come up with a solution....

Just looking for opinions,
Thanks, Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts