460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TCI trans cooler. I've decided to mount it in the trunk and put an electric fan on it to keep it cool. The trans coolers dimensions are 15x10x.75. I have a fairly serious build that should be doing somewhere between 750 to 800 HP. I also have a 5000 RPM stall converter. This is a strip only car. My question is what CFM fan should I get or do I need? The fan will be 10 inches in diameter. The CFM ratings are anywhere from 400 to 1100 CFM. I'm not worried about cost. But I am worried about depleting the battery because I don't be running an alternator. So what do you guys think? How much CFM is needed?

Here is a link to my trans cooler.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tci-823800

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a TCI trans cooler. I've decided to mount it in the trunk and put an electric fan on it to keep it cool. The trans coolers dimensions are 15x10x.75. I have a fairly serious build that should be doing somewhere between 750 to 800 HP. I also have a 5000 RPM stall converter. This is a strip only car. My question is what CFM fan should I get or do I need? The fan will be 10 inches in diameter. The CFM ratings are anywhere from 400 to 1100 CFM. I'm not worried about cost. But I am worried about depleting the battery because I don't be running an alternator. So what do you guys think? How much CFM is needed?

Here is a link to my trans cooler.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tci-823800
Track only cars....we don't run a cooler let alone a fan. If you must use one for self assurance then look at the Moroso unit. It's fairly small and very light. My .02 worth

Pt number 41200

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Track only cars....we don't run a cooler let alone a fan. If you must use one for self assurance then look at the Moroso unit. It's fairly small and very light. My .02 worth

Pt number 41200
So do you plug the holes for the lines in the transmission or do you just run a line from one outlet directly to the other?

And thanks for the reply by the way.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Link em together. Don't plug them!

I do suggest you use a deep pan with a temp gauge so you can see what the temps are. Safe keeping
I kind of figured plugging them was a bad idea but I just thought I'd ask. Thanks for the input. I'm not going to worry about a fan but I am going to run the trans cooler that I have simply because I have already run the braided lines up to the front of the car and I have a transcooler already. so it is just a bolt on deal at this point. If I didn't have one already I'd just loop the lines as you suggested. I think technically you just saved me some money so THANKS!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts