460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had my baja under some oaks last weekend,and i got the brown stained sap on it.ive tried simple green and a wax ploish cleaner and nothing is working.any ideas.its the white gel coat no paint.any ideas? thanks bro's.

· Registered
113 Posts
Mineral spirits

Mneral spirists shouldn't hurt the jel coat, may even have to lay the rag on it and let it soak a few minutes.

If the gel coat is original a QUICK wipe with rag MOISTENED with lacquer thinner may do it.

· Registered
258 Posts
Gasoline.....wipe.....remove......wash with soapy water......in a hurry

· Registered
5,320 Posts
Those tannins from an oak tree are rough. I have several big oaks here at my house and at certain times of the year they drop a lot of those tannins. They used to make my koi pond turn like iced tea(fish don't seem to mind) and the water is so dark you couldn't see down more than a foot! I built a foam fractionator and this takes them out of the water.

When I park my trailer at my house the roof will look like it's getting rusty just from the tannins. If I park it somewhere else for a few weeks they fade/wash away. No harm done. So I think they will vanish with time if you can't get them removed using soap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.