460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been destroying a 429 truck engine for the crank and block. It had some exhaust manifolds with an outlet made for ring clamps. The outlet is directly in the center and straight down. I wondered if someone would like them for a turbo mount or some other weird project. I live about 1 hour south of Fort Wayne Indiana and would give them to someone rather than send them to the scrap yard. Just some more of my strange idea's, but I hate to throw away anything useful.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Did I read that right, you say give to somebody, now I like how that sounds.

If the outlet is straight down, how close would the pipe be to the engine mounts. I seen a pic of some like that awhile back but didnt see them mounted on the engine reason I'm asking.
Would they be pick up only or could you ship them if shipping is paid for.
Thanks Neil

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah.. I said give away. These are identical to the pic's. They have not been blasted, they ain't pretty. PM me and I'll figure out shipping with you. I just want someone to get use from them! We're all in this together.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thats the ones I remember as well.
I guess by all the 460 blocks being the same, motor mounts shouldnt get it the way of that center outlet, unless on that big of a truck that the maniflods are used on the engine mounts in another place on the block.

PM sent.
Thanks, Neil

·
Registered
430 Posts
typically truck engines are mounted on the front and on the bellhousing so these center dumps prolly would interfer with tradional side mount setups
x2 ... seems like the front mounts were in the bottom of the timing cover maybe?

might be good for some turbo setups though, or if someone had their engine front mounted with plates.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thats what I was thinking since the manifold outlet was in the middle & probably the normal engine mount would be in the way.

Seems like I remember the trucks having the two mounts like your saying, front & bell housing, but only stick transmissions though.
Never was fortunate enough to have drove an automatic truck, so wouldnt know about them.
Thanks, Neil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts