460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jim ( Code Blue Racing ) has an F250 that I would really like to buy. The only problem is that I'm in VA, and he's in AZ. 2400 miles. Are there any forum members who would like to make a buck delivering this truck to me on the right coast?????????? I really want this truck. :twisted: Maybe we can make this a win/win situation all the way around. :D My address is 6600 Adkins Rd. Providence Forge, VA 23140. Jim is on the other side of the map. :?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
If nobody here does it try USHIP.com or Google auto transports you should be able to get a decent price that way.

·
Registered
590 Posts
anyone ?????????

·
Registered
123 Posts
haul

If you guys are serious + are willing to wait for delivery; I may have some ideas.
There are semi's (car haulers, + pickup truck car haulers) that go everywhere, every week.
If you live near a military base, find out who handles their "POV" transports. Look in your local phone book for "truck transportation". Think of central freight routes; Memphis, Roanoke VA, Columbus OH, etc.
Contact your local car "auction". They are used to setting up pickup's + deliveries.
Finding a "car hauler" will give you the best bang for the buck. Fellas, this is 2007. Fuel is sky high. Insurance is higher, trucks + trailers have never been this expensive.
Realistically expect to spend $500-1000, depending on pickup + delivery. I'd help you guy's out, but me + my bud's don't run our trucks west of the Mississippi river anymore. (freight is way to cheap.)
For you guy's in AZ. Go to the local truck stop. Look for empty step deck trailers, car haulers, empty 5th wheel pickups, etc. Make your sales pitch. You might come up Aces all around.
If interested in more info, pm me. I'll make some calls to see if something can be arranged.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys...

Thanks guys, and a bump for Jim. I would like for this to work out. 500 bucks would be a screaming deal from what I'm seeing. :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Dang, I wish you guys had said something about this earlier I just left California with some cheap butt freight, if I could have hauled a couple of cars back east in my box, I would have.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Anyone need a car hauled out of MS or Al today? From now on keep me in mind if you need some cars hauled. I can do it for 1.00 per mile for one car and if there are more than one I can do it for less per car if I am in the area and I am empty. I would just have to figure out how to secure it in the box with no steel hooks in the floor. Maybe I could block the tires with wood then put my straps in front of the car and behind hooked to the side walls. I would have to have a dock or ramp to load and unload cars though. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
My problem is that I would be buying just a cab! I don't have a clue of how I would move it around or load it. Maybe the guy could box it up and ship it ! :lol:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I

All this wishful traffic of cars and parts, if I could invent a 10 car hauler that got 40 mpg, I'd be rich. All the bids I'm hearing are over 1K with extra for a non running vehicle, and a 50 dollar surcharge cuz it's not a Camaro. :roll: Just kidding. But if I understand correctly, Jim will have to make arrangements to move it because he owns it. Otherwise it could lend a whole new twist to grand theft auto. :lol: :lol: I can think of a few garages I would like to send a truck to "pick up my new car."
:twisted: Thanks to all for the suggestions.

·
Registered
123 Posts
hauling

Loading a "cab" on a trailer requires a crane of some type, or a forklift. + we all have those around back!
A non running vehicle requires a tow vehicle (trailer) with a winch.
There are tons of variables that go into hauling a vehicle. Thats why it's so expensive to have one hauled.
Or, I could do this Rick's way once I got this stuff loaded. I don't even need a rope. Put it in reverse, gas on it, slam on the brakes! Come to think of it. that's too hard on my truck. I'll wait for the rope!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts