460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Yeah I just watched that. It will probably be Edelbrocked out. But we'll see.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Doug Rahn said:
Anybody watching? This should be interesting, they are building a '79 Bronco with a 460 and C6 trans. It's and old Bronco they dragged out of a field and going to do what they call "A Bronco on the cheap"! Let's see if they screw this up :lol:
What are you douing watching TV , when you should be in the garage, finishing that car !! :roll: :p :wink:

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Man, I'm sorry I missed this. I would like to see how they screw up a bad *** truck like that, and gvos is right- it will undoubtedly be hooked up w/ all the coolest Edelbrock parts :roll:

He actually did a descent job on the early Bronco he did though- except the paint job. I always wanted them to do up a "real" Bronco. :D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i was very happy to see them dig into a bbf
i was under the impression they were just gonna do a rebuild cause of the 460 is a good touq monster stock

G

·
0 Posts
I can see it now, they'll rebuild it with a later model retarded timing chain, unported D3's and bitch about how it's hard to make horse power with a bbf.

I hope not, but we'll see.

I guess we should feel lucky they're not just slapping a SBC in it like they did with the early 50's truck they just did.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I was watching it yesterday and made the girlfriend suffer through it. Turned it on midway through and saw just the frame. Told her it looked like a '78-'79 Bronco frame so we had to watch. She just couldn't understand how I knew what it was and thought it was funny when I was talking to the TV criticising about how they'll surely screw it up, and then the echo of me saying something and the dude on TV saying the same thing. :lol: Hopefully they don't screw it up too bad.

·
Registered
230 Posts
:lol: like the car craft build? every GM fanboy ford basher uses that as an arguement in the ford vs chevy discussion.

it seems like they screw them up on purpose.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Greenbroncoguy said:
Were they painting the frame and everything too? Doing a total body off frame?
When I tuned into the show they were allready into the build. Body off.. They were'nt doing anything with the frame, Still all rusty, but get this they were putting a lift kit on it and big *** 44" tires!! SO I'm not sure if they painted it or not??? When I saw that crap going on I had to turn it!! Started watching "How's it made" Neat show!!

cheers

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Damnit! I thought it was coming on at 10. I had to work graveyard shift last night, so I got home at 8 and was gonna stay up and watch it, but when it didn't come on at 10 I had to go to sleep.

Oh well- stupid night shift...

·
Registered
895 Posts
78-79 Bronco

If it was the yellow bronco, it looked like 35" tires and they said they were going to do some 'old school tricks' with the heads and engine. I guess we'll see next week. Also this is two new guys doing the show now that Stacy guy is gone !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts