460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing special here, just my old beat up 1984 F-350 with 6.9 diesel and Banks turbo kit.
It has done incredible work and towed everything I've asked it to.

That Caddy Limo was no lightweight either!! I think it was about 7200 LBS.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Old tow pig...

96, 1/2 ton 302 auto.

New tow pig.

94, 1/2 ton 302 auto.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts

99 CC dually 92,000 miles, 7.3 with 4" exhaust Tonly Wildman custom chip, 175/146 single shot injectors, homemade return style fuel system with tank mods. Custom built 4r100 by yours truely, 4.11 gears. one towin' SOB.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts

It's somewhere in this picture. Don't know the miles, but it pulled the car over the mountains from VA to KY and back no problem. (Inaugural Bash) 460 powered of course. :D

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I was going to say Richter wins right up until Awesomerides last picture. Man that would be nice.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was going to say Richter wins right up until Awesomerides last picture. Man that would be nice.
He could probably do circles around me going up hills though. LOL! The 185hp non turbo 3208 Cat isn't a joy until i get to Southeastern PA where it is flat. Then we cruise nicely into MD and VA.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice enclosed trailer too!!...and the same for ricter69!!

I just picked up this 28 ft Pace American a few weeks ago.
It looks like hell..the paint is sun baked from living in the desert, but its mechanically sound!!

Its got a 5500W generator, roof mounted AC unit, 3500lb in the floor winch, inside & outsiide lighting and new brakes.
Need a new spare tire, as you can see its bald!!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Cause you have a Cummins??? If I could afford a real truck instead of these little 1/2 tons it would be Cummins powered. NO haterade here.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
36truck,

How does that Ranger tow that Gran Torino.I had 2 Rangers with the 4.0 S.O.H.C engine in them strong little runners.I never towed anything with them ,but might be getting another one in a few months.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mark i have a 99 ranger 4x4 with the 4.0 and it pulls anything and everything ive hooked it up to with ease which is mostly small stuff like 69-70fastbacks and what not but those cars did have motors in them so they werent that light i guess but light enough compared to many things lol. Them 4.0's are damn good little motors and they go for quite awhile(unlike the old 3.0).

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
X2 on the 4.0 being a real pulling motor. I love it in my Ranger. I have towed with a 04 F250 5.4 auto the Ranger puts it to shame when pulling & fuel mileage. The Ranger will get 12 mpg at it's worst & 17 at the best pulling a car behind it.
I dragged a 65 F100 truck over 10,000 ft with it never missed a beat.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts