460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find a decent shape mid 60's midsize ford or Mercury? Anybody have any ideas? I'm in California and will start with the swap meets but didn't know if there is a web site that I'm missing!

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
1967 Ford Fairlane 2-Dr Sedan (same body style like the factory racers). Of the 238,688 1967 Fairlanes manufactured, less than 5% were of this 62A body style.

This car was originally sold in San Francisco, California on July 3, 1967. Owned by a little old lady until the day she died. 6-cyl 3-sp. Still has Sears bias-ply tires, original black & gold 1960's era California license plates (front and rear), great headliner, perfectly straight, no cancerous rust at all (a little surface rust along the rear glass), all the trim is there, etc. It has around 98k miles.

If the paint were polished/car detailed, it would look like a time warp going down the road. Up close, though, it would still need a paint job, tires, suspension bushings, interior, etc. I get horn honks and a thumbs up every time I drive it.

$4500. Located on the San Francisco peninsula, just 2 hours from you.

Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts