460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
oh, the drama.......:rolleyes:

I really wish somebody would bring back Pinks or start a new show about actual racing instead of this reality show crap.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, the drama.......:rolleyes:

I really wish somebody would bring back Pinks or start a new show about actual racing instead of this reality show crap.
But without constant over the top fake drama it won't be REALITY TV. :rolleyes:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
468 Posts

it still has some cool cars, some personalities, etc. its when all these car/bike/restoration tv shows end up all about the back stories, and promoting products through the entire show followed by segments featuring other sponsered items and you realize you watched a full episode and had seen 4 minutes of the hands on stuff or something informative.......thats when i lose intererest.
that or when every build is buying a $15,000 chassis, $18K motor someone else built, $2k in brakes and lines, $5k rims and tires, paint it for $12k, buy a $1500 wiring harness, and put it together..........a lot of us could have done that when we were 13.......i like seeing cool panel replacement tips, de-rusting, welding, motor tricks etc- sorry for long rant on your simple post!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it still has some cool cars, some personalities, etc. its when all these car/bike/restoration tv shows end up all about the back stories, and promoting products through the entire show followed by segments featuring other sponsered items and you realize you watched a full episode and had seen 4 minutes of the hands on stuff or something informative.......thats when i lose intererest.
that or when every build is buying a $15,000 chassis, $18K motor someone else built, $2k in brakes and lines, $5k rims and tires, paint it for $12k, buy a $1500 wiring harness, and put it together..........a lot of us could have done that when we were 13.......i like seeing cool panel replacement tips, de-rusting, welding, motor tricks etc- sorry for long rant on your simple post!
Guess you haven't noticed the shiny new SnapOn tool boxes in the background of every garage scene. Still better than worrying about who got kick off the island and yes the cars are bada**!

·
Registered
5,483 Posts

The thing about that show (yes I watch it), is that they're about "this far" from being a really good show. The cars are cool. The racing IS fun to watch, but all the name calling and personal dramas are just so hard to sit through. And what's their obsession with other guy's asses? "gonna bust his ***", etc? They spent some time in jail, or what?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing about that show (yes I watch it), is that they're about "this far" from being a really good show. The cars are cool. The racing IS fun to watch, but all the name calling and personal dramas are just so hard to sit through. And what's their obsession with other guy's asses? "gonna bust his ***", etc? They spent some time in jail, or what?
Ha! I've noticed their bro hugs tend to linger a little long......:confused:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
That's what YOUNG guy's do Carl,we are just old and have better words to use I guess.:) When we were young and dumb,we use too use phraise's like "gonna blow your doors off".:)

·
Registered
274 Posts
There's nothing real about reality TV.

Maybe someone can write into the script, the Gold Car winning.

Such a light car with a big *** 460 should be a whole faster.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I watch the show, enjoy it, it is entertaining and better than most of the crap on TV nowadays. Although, I would like to see them fess up to having "staged" test runs and permit streets for the actual racing.......there is no way they can hold the races on "in use" public streets/roads and not have conflict with the police....how else could they accommodate the film crews with all the lighting and such. Farmtruck has world wide following, what dork out there (that is a "car guy") doesn't know the truck and actually gets suckered into a race with him, yeah it's all real. LOL!

Now, here is some street racing. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kclrRTgXfrY

·
Registered
271 Posts
There's nothing real about reality TV.
The sooner the rest of the world realizes this the better. But it will never happen, and the networks continue making money because they know this.

I watch the show, enjoy it, it is entertaining and better than most of the crap on TV nowadays. Although, I would like to see them fess up to having "staged" test runs and permit streets for the actual racing.......there is no way they can hold the races on "in use" public streets/roads and not have conflict with the police....how else could they accommodate the film crews with all the lighting and such. Farmtruck has world wide following, what dork out there (that is a "car guy") doesn't know the truck and actually gets suckered into a race with him, yeah it's all real. LOL!
Do you really watch that show from the point of view of "oh this is real but it seems odd?!?!??" :rolleyes: Wake up.. seriously.. it's entertainment TV.. no more. Everyone out in the real world knows the answers to your points.. But since you choose to perpetuate the facade... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
134 Posts
The sooner the rest of the world realizes this the better. But it will never happen, and the networks continue making money because they know this.

Do you really watch that show from the point of view of "oh this is real but it seems odd?!?!??" :rolleyes: Wake up.. seriously.. it's entertainment TV.. no more. Everyone out in the real world knows the answers to your points.. But since you choose to perpetuate the facade... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
you need to wake up, I was being sarcastic. I understand it's strictly entertainment and view it as such.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Watch it, like it, but we car enthusiasts don't really have a lot to chose from, do we?
Seems to be getting like all the rest of the shows of it's type. Bring in more and more of the fake drama b.s. with each show, and over the years becomes more entertainment than reality.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I DVR the show and fast forward to the race scenes. I can watch the whole show in about 7 minutes. I can't deal the the drama, hype and stupidity the rest of the show is compromised of. ...but the cars are cool.

I say bring back Pinks and Pass Time. Boy I miss those shows. :mad:
I went to Pinks All Out at Bandimere in 2010, and it was just mind blowing. Stands were packed, 25,000+ spectators with 475 cars registered and racing.

Pinks All out made a HUGE difference for the industry as a whole. Outlaws? Hero worship at best.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Pass time was cool. Pinks sucked. Bunch of cry baby's and sand baggers. Given car lengths at start line. That's not racing either. Race a guy loose give him 3 car lengths, then the same guy turns around and beats you by 2 lengths. All tv shows are fake. To me racing is run what you brung and hope you bring enough. Around my neck of the woods, everyone knows it's fake, but it has gotten lots of cars off jack stands and lots of people starting to build street and race cars. The machine shops around here have seen a big boost in business.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I went to Pinks All Out at Bandimere in 2010, and it was just mind blowing. Stands were packed, 25,000+ spectators with 475 cars registered and racing.

Pinks All out made a HUGE difference for the industry as a whole. Outlaws? Hero worship at best.

X2 Pinks in Indy was a blast and the show was about the racing not the "struggle"

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I watch it, usually know the outcome before it happens though. I know damn near everyone on the show lol.
I think the general consensus is it's entertainment mad let's just leave it at that. At least the cars are cool.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts