460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Turn-key 521 BBF Brand new - $4200obo

Life's thrown me a curveball, so I'm putting my engine up for sale.

Here's the run down;

Had it built by a very well respected shop in the area a few years ago. Engine was ran on the stand at the shop, dialed in, checked over, timing set etc, and that was it. It's been sitting on a pretty stout stand I made ever since, covered up in the garage and turned over by hand every so often. Here's the basics, I'm sure I'll miss a few things so don't hesitate with any questions.

Early 70's Lincoln block(internal balance)
Baked, shot blasted, full machining(align hone, decked, etc)
Scat 4340 forged crank and rods, mahle pistons, balanced
Howard's hyd. Roller cam, .610
Harland roller rockers, 1.7
10.2:1
Weiand stealth intake
Performer RPM heads 6066, 95cc
Melting HV oil pump and pickup
Built to spec pro systems carb, 950ish cfm
Msd billet distributor
Innovators west dampener
March serp kit
Tuff stuff chrome keyway Saginaw pump
New 3G 160 amp alternator
Truck oil pan
Arp 12 pt stainless bolts on everything external
Arp main studs, rod, head bolts
Block painted ford blue

Was built to make power up to around 6200, from idle, reliability and drivability in mind. Was going to put it in my truck, should be a great all around motor for street and some track or off-road. Built to hold a 150 shot, never got a kit though.

Have a holly hp150 billet pump and bypass reg, and long tube 2" primary headers I'll throw in as well. Got a bunch of other truck related stuff to if you need it(fresh c6, tcase, flex plates, starter, etc)

Asking $4200 I've got probably close to $18k in it, but I know I'll never see that. Hoping to see it go to a fellow enthusiast, and put to good use instead of sitting. Pictures up tonight, located in central nj by six flags.

-Adam

·
Registered
328 Posts
I would buy this right now if you were close by.....but I'm on the wrong coast. Interested in shipping at all? How about selling the carb only if not?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I would buy this right now if you were close by.....but I'm on the wrong coast. Interested in shipping at all? How about selling the carb only if not?
If you could find a way to arrange it being picked up, yes. I could palletize it on a stand. If you just want the carb I could sell it for 700, it's brand new never had fuel in it still have the extra jets and spec sheet/receipt for over $800 when I had it built.

Thanks
Adam

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have bought and sold a few engines and used forward air for shipping. See if they have a hub near you and we might be able to make a deal. The only hassle is you have to bring them a money order for the exact amount of shipping costs when dropping it off, but the savings are worth it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts