460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
794 Posts
When using boost what you have to watch for is the increase of torque at lower to midrange rpms. When the boost comes on at the midrange you get a huge increase in torque that parts weren't designed for at that speed. That's why the need for forged parts when pumping up the boost. Do a lil research on some of Richard Holdner's YouTube's on boost and you'll see what I mean about the midrange torque bump..

· Registered
794 Posts
If you ask enough questions,you will find that a 460 can make god like torque at a VERY low rpm.Diesel like power is common and expected from an average build.Turbos are not going to help that.Positive displacement blowers do that.Since the patents are no longer an issue,Kenny B, and whipple have developed there own sizes.I have no available kit as of this moment.Stock may pickup by turkey day.460 heads have marginal exhaust flow to start with.Jamming twin turbos on it would more than likely result in a fire ball consuming you mach.Running too lean,fire ball.Back pressure from entire exhaust system same O.Too much advance,same O,not enough radiator,ditto.Turbos are more of a violent on/off switch than a linear provider on big motors.Mounting and plumbing turbos are no joy in mudville either.I near wrecked a machine when the tranny contents decided to lube the tires.There are more than a few more things you need to know to avert tragedy.There are other street oriented big power guys here.Not hard to weed them out.Best advice,Learn before you spend. good luck b9h
Wise words... Do your research before spending any $$$$! And KISS.... Keep It Simple Stupid! Best rule to live by!

· Registered
794 Posts
Could also just go with some squeeze? An good 250-300 hp NOS setup will work good if you've got the rings gapped just like in a turbo and you pull enough timing out? Just a thought to toss an apple in this oranges discussion....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts