460 Ford Forum banner

U COAT IT

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  65comet404 
#1 ·
has anybody used this stuff, and if so how good is it and how difficult is it to install and price wise is there a "Generic" out there just as good?

#2 ·
It's very good. The kits come complete with everything you need including mixing buckets, rollers and handles. You literally don't have to buy anything additional and comes with excellent written instructions and a video explaining the whole process. It is a two part water based epoxy. You srub the cement with a brush and muriatic acid and then hose it off. You leave the floor wet and start applying the first coat of epoxy. The first coat soaks into the cement and really gets a good bond. 24 hrs later after the 1st coat has dried to a semi dull finish, you roll on the 2nd coat and apply the colored paint chips (if desired). After another 24 hrs I applied the polyurethane clear coat for added durability. I've never seen any of the cheap kits look as good as this does.
Gary

#3 ·
Hemi

Hemi

My neibor used some product that home depot sells. After 4 months it started popping off in areas and looked like ****. He went out and touched up those areas and it looked worse. He could have screwed up when applying it or H.D. product sucks.
I was thinking about doing the same thing to my interior garage floor. I found that POR 15 company sells a prouduct like what your talking about. If its anything like there metal coating, I would highly recomend it. I used some POR 15 on the floor pans of my maverick. I spilled some on the floor and its still there. The **** is as strong as steel and soaks into rusty metal. I would take a look at there product and let me know what you think.

Tom

#5 ·
Hemi

My neibor used some product that home depot sells. After 4 months it started popping off in areas and looked like ****. He went out and touched up those areas and it looked worse. He could have screwed up when applying it or H.D. product sucks.
I was thinking about doing the same thing to my interior garage floor. I found that POR 15 company sells a prouduct like what your talking about. If its anything like there metal coating, I would highly recomend it. I used some POR 15 on the floor pans of my maverick. I spilled some on the floor and its still there. The **** is as strong as steel and soaks into rusty metal. I would take a look at there product and let me know what you think.

Tom
We sell several types of basement/garage floor coatings at work. Whenever someone comes in and complains about peeling, etc., it almost always comes down to their failure to prep the surface properly. You need to spend the time to make sure the surface is 100% clean and oil free, and if you wash it it needs to dry for a day or two. If you don't do that you might as well not even try to coat the floor. BTW the stuff that we sell at work is primarily made by Rustoleum. And from those that apply it properly I've heard nothing but good things about it.

#6 ·
Forget all that Bull ****. Go to costco and get the rolls of Galley vinyl. It is the same stuff that goes in the galley floors of airplanes. Tuff as ****, has little knobbies for traction, and if you move you can take it with you. WAAAYY easier to install and no worries about the prep. No worries about damaging it either. Trust me, you drop the right object from the right distance and your pretty little floor coating will get damaged. You can double back tape it down and run a bead of silicon at the seam. Those coatings are way over rated in my opinion and a pain in the *** to apply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.