460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share some pics of the peices we have gathered up so far for our 598 deal. Going to 'touch up' the heads and intake some, but other than that these TFS parts are VERY nice quality out of the box! Shooting for around a 14:1 comp. ratio, using a 1250 Dominator, 2 3/8" headers, and for now 'stud mount' rockers with girdles. Any guess's on the HP???????????

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HP............

We would be happy with 900, but anything near 1K would be GREAT! We have a nasty 68 Camaro(598/Glide) "street" car roaming around these parts that we are going after. The car this deal is going in is a 65 Mustang(AJE Frt Clip, Back halved w/Ladders, Jerico 4spd) The Camaro has ripped some low 9's here at the local track, and recently dipped into the high 8's at Redding..............

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jerico?

Have you had some breakage issues with the Jerico? We were thinking with the wght of the car(2900-3100lb range) that the Jerico would hold on. How about the G-Force trans?????

·
Registered
349 Posts
My car was 3647# with a iron headed 532. Got a new DR4 3.08 1st gear, broke 3rd gear on 12th pass or so. $1800 to fix, broke it 3 more times and moved on. Yes I was running alot of base pressure around 1100# got down to 900# and most of my breakage was my fault. After buying the trans new and fixing it 3 times I could have bought the Liberty. Give Scott at jerico a call and tell him all the spects of your car and he will build you one. G-force's are ok. some of the guys I run with run them. The liberty is buy far the best trans out there. Steve www.classicgearjammers.org

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update..............

For now, we are concentrating on our "477" build for a 78 Fairmont. The 598 has been put on the backburner until the 477 is completed and in the car. Between work and house projects, time is scarce!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts