460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 521 in my Pantera and am considering converting it to a boss. In addition to the heads, rocker assemblies, pushrods, valve covers and maybe pistons is there anything else I would need? Will my existing headers, distributor and intake work or would they also need to be changed?
Thank you,
Forest

·
Registered
370 Posts
New intake, and headers. Distributor will depend on what you currently have and which boss intake you choose. Pistons aren't a maybe, they're also required. No other 385 head has similar valvetrain geometry. How much room do you currently have around your heads? Boss heads are enormous, but I hope this project comes together!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Oooooffff!!............that's going to be a tight fit.....good luck.

This is just a 351ci......but they are WAY COOL!

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oooooffff!!............that's going to be a tight fit.....good luck.

This is just a 351ci......but they are WAY COOL!

Cheers, Bob
howdy:you will not be the first to do this.coyote motor is bigger.Need to call T&D for rockers that last a long time. bout 2,600$ last time I called.What are you doing for a bell???

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
623 Posts
Yeaahhhh, that's gnna need a BFH and a hot wrench to make those big heads and headers fit for sure... If you can make it fit it's gnna look totally cool tho!!! Also question... Is the conversion for power increase or visual and uniqueness of the car?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Seen it done.Remote water pump,and moved the motor a little further foward with a second spacer plate behind the motor.He welded the spacers to the bell,longer fly wheel spacer,and it still a little well trimming,front and back radiators.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts