460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the car back from No Limit Drag Cars yesterday. Nice work! Car is now certified for 8.50 and slower in the 1/4.

Eric had to take the windshield out to get the bars through the dash. The company that R&R the windshield broke it when they were trying to get it out. Eric chewed their behinds. So the R&R was going to be $100 and I got a new windshield for $129, I can't complain too much.

I need a head liner and need to re-route some of the wiring.

Additional posts to follow with other pictures, too many to post in one thread.

p.s. I'm now Broke and may be limited on racing this season :roll: No joke! :cry:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

T

·
0 Posts
Looks good Damon... I thought you were putting a fuuny car cage in also? :D

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Looking good Damon. :D

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
862 Posts
Damon,

Did you have them put a dash bar in or no? That will help make the car a little more rigid too. Plus a little safer. :D

Keith Sherry

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks good man 8) You should pay me for hooking you up with Eric or you would still be doing wheelies. :p :p :p :p By the way you need to put a roll of toilet paper in the car.You know just in case. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Phantasea466 said:
You can't see it in the picture, but there's a bar running parallel to the rocker panel where my original door bar was plus a bar under the car welded to the subframe.
Ok...very good.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I vote for adding the dash bar before it goes to the track again. Even without the strut tower braces, a dash bar makes for a stiffer cage/chassis and thats "more gooder".

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Devildog said:
Damon you cant even get down the track.........how many lengths will ya spot me now...huh?
Bring it on up, you have dyno time coming to you anyway :p

I vote for adding the dash bar before it goes to the track again. Even without the strut tower braces, a dash bar makes for a stiffer cage/chassis and thats "more gooder".
Dave, Wish I could however my wallet says NO :!: I'll most likely take the car to the track next week and then park it for the summer. I'm seriously strapped for cash now, and I still need to put money into the basement before the wife throws a fit :roll:

Looks good man You should pay me for hooking you up with Eric or you would still be doing wheelies. By the way you need to put a roll of toilet paper in the car.You know just in case.
Don't make me come over there :!: :p
You get your car fixed?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I hope to have mine runnig soon.The started gear I had to order.I should have it back Monday or Tuesday.So that means me and you will be working on it next Friday night so we can go to Mustangs night at Clay City :p :p

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
548 Posts
Just noticed your door panels are from a 79 car? They are the same ones I have in my79 capri that came from a 79 mustang pace car. Are your door handles down by the floor like mine? The only reason I ask is I thought they only did that 1 year on the 79's then moved them up to the top on later years & I see your sig says 83 mustang?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts