460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a T56 from a guy outside of Las Vegas last week. It is bad enough that you have to worry about getting ripped off when purchasing parts online but then your part shows up with a broken bellhousing and yoke and the packaging ripped right there. The UPS guy said I could refuse it. Yeah right, the bastards charged me $238 to ship it plus the cash I already sent the guy and I am going not accept it???

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Did the shipper insure it? Ups has a $100 insurance on it to start with.

·
Registered
87 Posts
They love to break things. I just got assembled cylinder heads through UPS and some of the valve keepers were off, probably after they dropped the box many times. I used to work for fed ex years ago, they don't respect packages, saying it is fragile makes it worse.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I got this package once that they left at my door. As I picked it up, there were washers and nuts falling out of the box. I thought to myself, how many washers and nuts were missing from the trip that it made. It's all about HURRY these days. It least get it there in one piece!!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I had it insured for the value. I think it was about $40 just for the insurance. I was more worried about it going missing. How silly of me. I am sure they won't be very speedy about a claim though. The biggest hastle is that the shipper has to make the claim.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Hope they don't do you the way they did me on my carburetor, they said it wasn't packaged correctly and refused to pay.

·
Registered
429 Posts
deerhunter3814 said:
Hope they don't do you the way they did me on my carburetor, they said it wasn't packaged correctly and refused to pay.
+1

I've never seen UPS pay for a damaged package. Lost yes,......damaged, busted, or broken, NO.

I've had two different claims through them and both times I got a letter stating that my request for reimbursment has been denied due to insuffecient packaging.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Maulerman said:
All I can say is "leave it to union thugs" to destroy parts bought with your hard earned $.

:roll:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Maulerman said:
All I can say is "leave it to union thugs" to destroy parts bought with your hard earned $.
here we go... hold on boys :lol: :lol: :lol:

D

·
0 Posts
You Non-union Scab's Always Blaming the Unions....... You happy now skosler? I did it......:lol:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Hold on guys, let me go pop some popcorn and grab a six pack!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys are going to get my post locked. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
trying :p

just kiddin :wink:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts