460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have the opportunity to pic up some draglites. Skinnies up front with Mickey Thompson 28x11.5x15 slicks on the rear. They have 20-25 passes on them. I don't have any experience with slicks. I know they have the wear holes in them. What is an acceptable tread depth? What else should I look for?

Also the guy wants $500 for the whole set. The front tires are like new. Is this a deal or just a normal price for used stuff?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thinking around a 11-12 second car. After looking at the date code how old is too old? Thanks

·
Registered
412 Posts
date code

I`m assuming u know how to read the date code anything after 2000 has 4 numbers on the last part, mine read 3904 which is 39th week of 04 these I have still have the titties on them and deep eye holes been kept inside still look almost new with a few passes on them when I bought the fairmont 2yrs. ago hope some damn time I get to see if tires are still good.....Bill

·
Registered
783 Posts
The sidewalls will wear out on a high horsepower car before the tread. I have seen guys with cords showing on a slower car that is still repeating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts