460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to pull vacuum from the fuel plate block off plate.I took a 1/4 inch alum.plate and welded a 3/4 inch tube downward, at a 45 degree angle inside the timing cover,with the bottom cut off horizontally(another 45 deg.).This is all on the new block off plate with an alum. ,10 an bung welded on the outside to hook up to.My question is,do you think this will be a good enough baffle to keep too much oil from getting sucked up? :?:

G

·
Good Question

That is a good question. How much oil will that section of the timing cover see? Why didn't you just put one of the moroso baffled vent fittings in the plate or put the fitting in your valve cover? It has a baffled securing cap. The cap has small holes drilled around the sides of the cap. Moroso also makes an air/oil seperator that you can plumb inline. Let us know if your set up works. You have got my curiosity up.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Pulling vacuum from the fuel pump block off plate works better when using the oil slinger (on crank sprocket). Alot of builders discard this simple oil slinger for fear of interference with double roller timing chains. I have always put a slight concave bevel on the oil slinger (installed facing away from timing chain) and have NEVER had any problem with it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
valve covers?

I made my own valve covers and I don't want any holes in them for a clean look,is why I am picking up vac at the fuel pump plate. I mounted the pump on the upper left drivers side so the lines are pretty short.I purchased the GZ motorsports pump and they make a neat billet vacuum relief valve that I will mount behind the victor manifold in the valley.This will also serve as my oil fill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.