460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that there looks like, there are two different locations for the bolts. One has the holes coming down from the top, the second are on the flanges. Why ?
Rectangle Office equipment Bumper Aluminium Automotive exterior

Product Office equipment Office supplies Rectangle Bumper

·
Registered
831 Posts
They are the same locations just different style covers.

The first ones (cast) would use short bolts and the fabricated ones probably use a long allen bolt.

A lot of aftermarket covers only use two bolts on the top row but the heads have three bolts there. Not an issue as long as the covers are decent quality

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I prefer the fabricated covers. My Kaase heads have 4 holes on the outside (exhaust side) and 3 on the inside (intake side) Then looking at photo's I've covers, some have 4 and 2. Why is that ?

·
Registered
831 Posts
The center one on the top row isn't needed on a good rigid cover, like a cast aluminum or a fabricated one with a nice thick flange.

I have the trickflow cast covers that have three bolts on the top row but i don't use the middle one

·
Registered
831 Posts
Why use it if it's not needed?

Make your own decisions on this stuff. It's not a cookie cutter world. My situation it's not needed so i'm not going to zombie forward and use it just because it's there

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why use it if it's not needed?

Make your own decisions on this stuff. It's not a cookie cutter world. My situation it's not needed so i'm not going to zombie forward and use it just because it's there
"but i don't use the middle one''
Settle down buddy, it was just a question, I was just wanting to know either way. So no disrespect. 😎

·
Registered
437 Posts
What have you started wickettoby1........now you are going to see racers taking a wheel nut off each corner, remove a bolt from a the door hinges, take a couple oil pan bolts out............all to go faster..........LMAO:ROFLMAO:

Cheers, Bob
It was before my time but the 60’s Pontiacs Super Duty’s were know as “Swiss Cheese” because of all of the holes drilled in the body’s and frames to make them lighter 😂😂😂

1 - 12 of 12 Posts