460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so it's not a big block ford but have to tell this story about my PSD.
I was coming home from DesMoines on 4 lane road, came upon some road construction that had us slowed down to 55, well right after we cleared that I was behind a corvette, haven't got a clue what year as I don't pay enough attention to them to know that, anyway he had the top down and was just cruising so he forgot to get going again. so I started to pass him on the right and about the time my front bumper got even with his door the guy looks over and then looks down at speedo and kicks the vet in the rear, hear it kick down...guess he didn't like the idea of a diesel pickup passing him, well he starts pulling away so I kick the tuner clear up (140hp smoke) and stand on it. At that time we were doing about 60, this 7200lb truck started pulling on that vette I went from his rear bumper to his front tires with my front bumper by the time we hit 90 at which he finally started to pull on me and at around 95 started to pull away, which is fine with me cause that was fast enough but I could definatly tell he was agitated that my big ole 4x4 truck almost beat him, and actually was beating him until the brick like aerodynamics took affect.
And yes I am old enough to know better than to race on the street and so was he, probably early 50s, but hey had to see if this thing was running good .

oh and just to add insult to injury, I am currently running B75 approx, which of coarse cuts the power some running that high of percent biodiesel.

·
Registered
575 Posts
What yeat PSD do you have? And since were on the subject of PSD's richter69, what do you think of the DIY injectors? OOps I just thought that this might be one of those "saving pennies thing" better not answer.

R

·
0 Posts
Been over at tds lol. If you are a good mechanic and dont get in a hurry the DIY deal is a good thing. PersonallyI have either Bean or Swamp do mine as I dont have the time to sit down and build them, plus they can flow them and verify they are good to go. Jims a good guy, and will aid in any tech suppt you need. What are they going in and what size are you looking to get?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Digger mine is a 2000 7.3. has a homemade intake system, 5" straight pipe exhuast, prepump and in-tank mods down to the fuel system as well as regulated return, and a DP-tuner.

R

·
0 Posts
keep it under 130 cc and you should be fine. Get um any bigger then lack of oil is an issue and your tranny (if stock) will hate you with a decent chip.

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
my PSD is a 2003 4x4 crew cab 7.3 I love it I have a bullydog 6 position chip and a 4" exhaust on it and runs great I seldom use the chip but once and a while I do gets 15-17 loaded and 19-21 loaded. I love the ride as good as any car.

Randy

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey monster sorry about the off topic but where are you from that you were in desmoines? im from indianola and just moved here from toledo, ohio and trying to meet new people.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey monster sorry about the off topic but where are you from that you were in desmoines? im from indianola and just moved here from toledo, ohio and trying to meet new people.

·
Registered
25 Posts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts