460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much power would i lose switching from a victor to an offy port o sonic? i have some ported a429 heads and the offy was ported to the heads. i was running the victor with my old iron cj heads. i figured i would run the offy since it was ported to my new used heads. thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
When I built my first 514 I had a Port-O-Sonic dominator intake on it. Fastest the car ever went was a 6.04. When the Victors came out I bought one with a 4150 hole pattern and used an adapter for the dom. and went 5.97 the first pass with it. Wound up going a 5.88 best pass. This was with iron CJ heads in a 2800 lb. square tube chassis car.

Thats my story, hope it helps.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Lots of guy's won't give the ole Offy any credit,but it's not a bad intake. It will not out perform one of the newer Edel.or Tfs street.But,its ok up to probably 600 hp. jmo

·
Registered
593 Posts
Generally speaking...... Offy street manifolds offer an improvement over the stock manifold. When it comes to higher performance and racing, if a comparable manifold is available from someone else, odds are very high it will work better than the OFFY. You can still buy most of the manifolds Offy ever made. Great if you need a better manifold for something old or unusual. But, most of their stuff is not state of the art.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I like the old offy also, for the small port heads and a 4150 carb. I like that the port is even smaller then pass. heads and can be porte matched to like a d shape and use mostly the top of ports in head. There is alot of work that can be done and it wont ever be a victor manifold, but probably close to a torker 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts