460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to say I have a great time and it was fun meeting old friends and making new ones. If I didn’t get to meet and greet with you this time, I’ll catch you at the next one. Sorry I missed the cylinder head seminar and had to leave so abruptly, but Saturday night at the track I started feeling bad and felt worse Sunday morning, so I felt the best thing to do was head home. I went to the Doctor this morning and my blood pressure was pretty high, but he said I was okay and to get some rest. I guess to much sun and and 14 hours of standing at the track.

If I didn’t get your car on video I apologize, but I didn’t want to spend the whole deal standing at the fence taping. I think I have enough for one more, Part 3 I'll work on it later.

This second one has Damon's wheelies in it.

This clip has what I think is a few runs during the Quick 16. I wish I had taken more, but you know how it is, could of, would of, should of!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Haven't got to view the video yet, but it is downloading. Thank you for sacrificing your time to put together a video for everyone. Not being able to attend myself, it is certainly nice to be able to live vicariously through the video. :)

T

·
0 Posts
Doug, I hate I didn't get to meet & talk with you. I realized who you were when we were leaving the Texas Roadhouse Thursday night. Great video... Are you looking for a second job??? :lol: Hope you are feeling better.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Hey Doug , nice job ,that's the 1st time I've ever got to see my 56 Tbird go down the track other than behind the wheel. It looks smoother on tape..lol..I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend of blue oval brotherhood and racing :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
MAN....................

I wish I could have been there after seeing those videos. :(

Whose GT/EA '05????? Sure is purty.

Brian

·
Registered
344 Posts
You guys have some bad a$$ cars and trucks! Excellent video Doug! Thanks a bunch for sharing that with us who are unable to attend. Bruce

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Ranger50 said:
MAN....................

Brian
That is Colin Wigle's GT/EA from Canada. The car is awesome and he's a great guy! :wink:

Did you all see the Bowles Mustangs? That's Don Bowles Sr. & Jr. and they are in partnership with Jack Roush on those cars. Lem pulled some strings to get them there. The Bowles family has a storied tradition with Fords and Jack Roush. In our museum there is a huge mural on the wall, from back in the day,,,, of Jack Roush holding Don Bowles Sr.'s "Coal Digger" Mustang in the water box at Windy Hollow Dragway. Jack used to build engines for Don Bowles Sr.

Later,

·
Registered
200 Posts
cool video

Doug,
What a great bunch of videos! Thank you for taking the time to record this great weekend. I've shown everybody in my office my multi-colored 66 fastback headed down track! Great job Phillip, Charlie, Lem, & Damon & all who worked on this so the rest of us could have fun.
:D
TJ

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
c.evans said:
Ranger50 said:
MAN....................

Brian
That is Colin Wigle's GT/EA from Canada. The car is awesome and he's a great guy! :wink:

Did you all see the Bowles Mustangs? That's Don Bowles Sr. & Jr. and they are in partnership with Jack Roush on those cars. Lem pulled some strings to get them there. The Bowles family has a storied tradition with Fords and Jack Roush. In our museum there is a huge mural on the wall, from back in the day,,,, of Jack Roush holding Don Bowles Sr.'s "Coal Digger" Mustang in the water box at Windy Hollow Dragway. Jack used to build engines for Don Bowles Sr.

Later,
Here ya go charlie

They where very easy to talk to people. They where testing out E85 fuel.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Excellent videos Doug. Great work!

I think the thing i was most impressed with was the quality of the cars that came out. I don't think there was one car there that I would not want to own. All of the cars were great.

And I think talking to Don Bowles was awesome. It's just like talking to Carrol Shelby or Jack Roush. That Mustang they had was spectacular. Tell Lem great job on getting them to stop by. I really enjoyed talking to Mr. Bowles, his sons and seeing their car go down the track. I think what was more impressive is the fact that the Bowles Mustang is responsible for alot of the development work on the Roush Mustangs anyone can buy in the dealerships nowadays....

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Great job Doug, and thank you for sharing them w/us.Those were awsome cars.I really envy you guy's that were able to attend.When Damon gets that Fox tamed down that things going to hit a good lick,And those two Ford pickups are NAAASTY. Thanks again Rick

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Awesome videos, thanks Doug.

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the compliments guys, I’m no professional videographer (is that a word :lol: ) by any means, but I try.

Charlie, I have one clip left of what I think you said was your niece in the black dragster. Well it's really dark and I haven't quite figured out this camera for night shooting. I will work on it with some of my software and see if I can lighten it up some.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Doug; thanks for the video, I went off from home and failed to bring my camera and since we broke the wishbone on the car late Friday evening we did not get into may pictures. Your video of us caught us on the first pass off the trailer where we ran a 5.25 and later improved to a 5.18 our quickest time ever. I for one will never forget the time and fun we had last weekend and you helped us have something to remember it by, thanks you did a great job. I can't wait until BBF BASH II.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts