460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFEXl8UzyKo

I heard a little miss in high gear and thought it might have been a plug but it turned out to be a valve spring. I still am a little gun shy when this motor pulls the wheels because I know it won't sent them down until I let out of it. That is the reason for pedaling it on the line. I should have held it but I am just not ready for a wheel stand yet. I just need more seat time to get comfortable with it so don't think I am a wuss. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I should have held it but I am just not ready for a wheel stand yet. I just need more seat time to get comfortable with it so don't think I am a wuss.
Small steps is the way to go. The driver is part of the combo, so seat time is too. The launch looks good, it didn't over work the sidewalls. Instead of 4 or 5 giant super deep wrinkles winding then un-winding the sidewall it had many, many smaller wrinkles with nice wheel speed keeping the tire & sidewall loaded evenly.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Joe, I would never call anybody running 815 cubic inches of Ford Hemi on 10.5" tires a wuss. I might call you crazy but not a wuss...:D:D

Now I just have to figure out why my computer won't open up you tube links anymore...:mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wuss!

Joe, being smart does'nt equate to being a wuss. Racecars are'nt any good if their bent or into the wall! Great pass! Keep it up! Dale Hemrick

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good looking pass Joe!!!! I have no doubt when you get enough seat time & get the car & engine sorted out, you be up right up there at the top of the heap. When that happens remember to take it easy on us little fellows!!!!! Take care & have a nice day!!!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Very impressive Joe, that engine is making serious power and it's getting to the ground in fine fashion. Only a fool or the inexperienced would get out there and stand on it without learning how the car "drives" first. Take your time and keep it straight and safe!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Awesome job pedaling it Joe . I can't hardly believe it stayed hooked and pulled the wheels after you pedaled it. Plenty of MPH to be going 4.70's there!! Way cool ride. Best of luck to you:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts