460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 60 foot was 1.27. When everything is lined out I hope to run 1.20-1.24. That was the first real pass on the engine. I still have a lot of tuning to do with the timing and when to bring it in a take it out but I think I have something to work with.

That puppy's haulin' on the top end to MPH like that. What was the 60 foot time?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Excellent Joe! I hope my turd will be that fast one day.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Is more rear gear an option to possibly improve the 60 ft (at the cost of some MPH)?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is more rear gear an option to possibly improve the 60 ft (at the cost of some MPH)?
I am trying to kill power on takeoff so it doesn't blow the tires off or wheelstand. I can make it leave harder by putting some timing back in. It has timing took out for 2.5 seconds on the launch and then I retard it again when it shifts to high gear so it won't spin there too. These 10.5" tires are tricky to get down the track so you have to be careful on what you do.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Very nice Joe... If you're pulling timing out for 2.5 seconds at launch, I'd add it back in a couple 1/10 or so at a time if you can and see if it helps or not...

Doug...:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts