460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Where's the sound, pass the popcorn. :D

This pass looks better than the earlier video with the shorter I/C. If your I/C is now out around the 48-51" range you might think about leaving it there and try some less drastic changes with some fine tuning with the shock valving. It did look to still hit the wheelie bars too quick/hard without the body following at/around the same speed. And the car did porpoise some (either a "bite-skip-bite-skip" or a "bounce-skip-bounce-skip") in the first 60 ft (either on the sidewalls or the springs).

Even though you increased the I/C setting to help calm the suspension down, it still looks to be on the violent side. This could be caused if your rear shock extension (rebound) valving is adjusted too loose, it could cause the suspension's initial hit to still be excessively violent.

The porpoising can be caused by a number of things. The rear shock's springs being too light (and/or the shock extension and compression valving set too loose) bouncing the shock/spring. Springs too heavy/stiff, bouncing the sidewalls. And the shocks riding on the snubbers. Some have said that the porpoising osculation can kinda be thought of as a slow speed tire-shake because of the bite-skip or bounce-skip repetition. Others say that it can be caused by having too steep an angle on the 4-link bars causing the imaginary I/C to be located at/under the ground.

If you find that the rear extension valving is adjusted too loose, tighten it up some. And maybe loosen the front strut's extension at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Randy,
Your car is looking really nice.

T

·
0 Posts
Dave, you have some good eyes!!! :lol: I need to be watching that on my big screen TV so I can see better. :D Randy ,where did you set the 4 link at?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Deerhunter3814 ,

The ic is at 45.818 4.3 high. My next planned ic is right at 51"
Dave's got a pretty good eye ,my shocks are on a soft setting. I guess I will try to hit Clarksville friday night so I can make changes if needed for saturday :lol:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Ya know, you could always throw a bottle on it just for testing grins to see if the nose don't come up a little higher (Yee-Haw!). :twisted:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don't get too caught up on IC. Try lowering the bottom bars at the front one hole first and see how it responds. If not enough bite raise the top bar one hole at the front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts