460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
droppedf100 said:
A cage wont make it faster :D
Yeah, but we won't be reading the obituaries if you crash. Safety first. You only get one body. You can always buy other truck.
:wink:

Dave

·
Registered
443 Posts
droppedf100 said:
I am sorry but that is one of the dumbest statements a person could ever make in jest or not. No-one wants to spend money on a cage but everyone is glad to have one when they need it! Safety should NEVER be joked about!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Man I absolutely love your truck!! That is plain kicking ***,ever drive it on the street? If so, I bet it drops alot of jaws!! I noticed you have a 95 with a big block, do you have any video of it? I've got a 94 I'd love to swap a big block for my 302, how much trouble was it?
Bossed

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bossed said:
Man I absolutely love your truck!! That is plain kicking ***,ever drive it on the street? If so, I bet it drops alot of jaws!! I noticed you have a 95 with a big block, do you have any video of it? I've got a 94 I'd love to swap a big block for my 302, how much trouble was it?
Bossed
The 95 is my dads truck. The swap is easy if you have the right parts. To do it right by keeping the power steering and ac you need the brackets off a newer F250 with the dual serpentine belt set-up. All of the other parts can be bought new from ford or from a junkyard for a 90's 2wd F250 with a 460. I have a set off brand new in the box Hooker headers if your interested. Here are some pics.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very sharp looking truck. Is it carbureted?,what kind of tranny? how bout a stall converter? Has the tranny been upgraded?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. Yes its carbed. It has a rebuilt C6 with a 2200 stall converter. Its a real mild daily driver build. Some head porting a more compression and it would run alot better. I will get some pics of the motor if youd like.

And btw the 79 is a street truck. Only trailered when it breaks :D Trailers are for boats, lol. Thats why the roll bar would be a pain in the ***. Although i am hearing there is a new rule with trucks where you dont have to run the bars out the back if the inside cage meets certain requirments.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice Truck man! I really like the stance of it, it looks mean.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1Bad65 said:
droppedf100 said:

Nice truck but sounds like a retard for an owner!
Damn dude calm down. Im not harming you by risking my safety am I? Im 27, did all the work to my truck myself with not much money and it only started running in the 10s recently. Calling me a retard is making you look like more of a fool then me. All i did was post a video of my truck because im proud of how it runs and I get a bunch of people ready to jump down my throat because its not up to the full NHRA standards. It is what it is.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Dropped it's not that we dont think you've done a great job with your truck. It is just a safety thing. I dont care if you get the cage certified or not as long as you have something installed well to protect yourself. The only thing that bothered me was that one comment because usaully a statement like that will bite you in the A$$.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts