460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
All you guys are sitting on the wrong side...'

Just jokin, Those are some awesome little rides. Looks like everyone over there runs the really small cars with big engines..

·
Registered
176 Posts
ironbark said:
in reply to d's557 comments, Iam sorry they are not all superman cars like yours, we can only try.
Don't worry about him, no worries with that little ute, mate ...

·
Registered
176 Posts
ironbark said:
it is just the way the video came out, my ute is a full body job that is 3200 pound and that is a nine second pass.
It beats my junk...

S

·
0 Posts
Hey Jon..

A lot of them have right side rear weight.. If ya watch the vid closely some tilt to the right in the rear.. I thought that was interesting.. I wonder if there is more of a challange to set up the car because of that?

ironbark Thanks so dearly for the vid.. keeps me motavated to keep working on my car.. Pls keep the videos comming..

Thank You!

:D

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
ironbark said:
in reply to d's557 comments, Iam sorry they are not all superman cars like yours, we can only try.
I didn't mean no harm, I'm not like that. That was my first time ever seeing a car like that. Drivers on the opposite side, very small cars with big tires, it was all new to me. I apologize if I offended anybody especially our brothers from down under...

·
Registered
176 Posts
ironbark said:
I would like my running gear in your capri, typical male thing hey, see something nice and we have to farrk with it. lol
The Capri is only a 350FWHP 302, gets up and goes though...
I've thought about a 385, but don't have the testicular fortitude...
I don't really want to pretzel the car...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
s_stang commented on right side rear weight, not sure what he is talking about, but there is no rear weights as counterbalance or anything like that. all adjustments and set id done through suspension like 4 link adjustments, as for being awkward no not really, it is all about what you are used to. like anything you do, if you are bought up with it you dont know any different. mine for example I am going to lower the front of my 4 link bars to lengthen my IC point, to get it to drive out more but may leave this until I get my new slicks. you no, change 1 thing at a time.

·
Registered
226 Posts
s_stang may be referring to preload. Quicker right hand drive cars start to have problems getting the car to launch straight. A five second Top Doorslammer car might be an extreme example, but John Zappia's HQ is RHD and he actually stages his car crooked so it will leave pointed down track.
Alot of guys in Australia, me included, with full tube frame cars, build them Left Hand Drive to get weight distribution right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts