460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
A good friend of mine tried some on his BBF dragster. The only difference we could tell is that his wallet was lighter. He finally removed them a put a set of collector mufflers on it.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
A friend of mine put them in his Dodge powered roadster. Quieter? I think so.......my ears didn't sting quite as badly when he did his burnout. I think they work, just not very well.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I believe the point is they are considered a muffler by NHRA. Whether they actually work as far as sound attenuation or not is irrelavent. When they test your car and it is over the noise limit you can say I have a muffler.

I dont run many National events but have had no problem with the tech guys for at least 5 years now.

If my main goal is to have a quiet car then these are not the things to have. You need a really good set of Borla's or the like to quiet all those cubes.

dkp

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have them in my car, I have never been tested at any of the tracks, all they ask if I have something in there and thats enough to satisfy them for now, I have never been at a national event either. As far as quieter, it's not much, but like stated before they just take some of the sting out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts