460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,960 Posts
I feel that using the General Tech section, or the Garage section, is good enough. Last thing my busted brain cell needs is another section to remember to read. :lol:

I have enough trouble remembering to read the Auction Block section now. I probably forget to read it 75% of the time. :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,266 Posts
I want fewer.... not more Im with Dave, The more we sub-sect stuff the less likly it is it will get looked at by people that could give an answere.

Im comfortable in the engine stuff... but Ive fought with enough chasis etc to have a basic idea.... I might be able to help someone.

Corral is a great example. General Mustang Tech...... IM sure I could offur information to a whole pile of posts... but by the time I hit here, and read engine tech there. Im done.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gearhead559 said:
if you want that section go to turbostangs.com


they have 50 different sections and i get lost on that site.

general tech works just fine for everything other then engine tech.
I doubt they have 38% rear weight..

It's your loss cuz there are some knowledgeable on the forum with BBF..

Thanks for the comment tho!
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cougar1969 said:
Les, Chilly already said he is not putting up any more sections so how about just utilizing the ones we have and quit bring this up... :roll:


Randy
This is my first time I thought.. Maybe not.. If I did before I'm sorry..

Laters!
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S. said:
I feel that using the General Tech section, or the Garage section, is good enough. Last thing my busted brain cell needs is another section to remember to read. :lol:

I have enough trouble remembering to read the Auction Block section now. I probably forget to read it 75% of the time. :oops:
David.. Your experience is valuable.. I'd hate to see it lumped into a general section..

I posted the section to get responces..

Thanks Pal! Ya Rock for sure!

:D
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kim said:
I want fewer.... not more Im with Dave, The more we sub-sect stuff the less likly it is it will get looked at by people that could give an answere.

Im comfortable in the engine stuff... but Ive fought with enough chasis etc to have a basic idea.... I might be able to help someone.

Corral is a great example. General Mustang Tech...... IM sure I could offur information to a whole pile of posts... but by the time I hit here, and read engine tech there. Im done.
Thanks Kim.. I respect your opinion!

8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
s_stang said:
Gearhead559 said:
if you want that section go to turbostangs.com


they have 50 different sections and i get lost on that site.

general tech works just fine for everything other then engine tech.
I doubt they have 38% rear weight..

It's your loss cuz there are some knowledgeable on the forum with BBF..

Thanks for the comment tho!
and there is a ton of chassis builders on that forum. when i want a suspension question asked, i go over there. maybe you should go look. 38% on the rear is not that great! doug rane's car is what a 52/48.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,396 Posts
I think it's working well enough. As some one said, if we get to many forums it's hard to get anwsers.

Engine tech - 385 series engine topic only
General tech- everything else that does not affect the specifics of the 385 series engine.
Chillys Garage- ????? Who knows!

I am thinking of moving the car project builds into the General tech to get them away from all the crazyness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,266 Posts
Not trying to squish your bubble, honestly though, if a site has a half decent search capability. THIS ONE DOES, Ide rather see no subdivision. If a person wants an answere, and its sliding off the page too fast, stick with the question, bump it once or twice. Having to hit 15 differnt sub areas etc.... Most people know about more than one subject as very very very few of us race/run/drive dyno's. So even if we are more engine oriented than other areas, we have had to fab, figure out, upgrade etc most other areas of a car.

Our response may not be the best for the OP, but a response usually begets additional reponses.

Not a bad question Les, but it could become like a lot of sub directories at the corral... people quit looking because there are so few posts/responses that the sub directory area dies and people use the lounge or other areas to get thier information.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gearhead559 said:
s_stang said:
Gearhead559 said:
if you want that section go to turbostangs.com


they have 50 different sections and i get lost on that site.

general tech works just fine for everything other then engine tech.
I doubt they have 38% rear weight..

It's your loss cuz there are some knowledgeable on the forum with BBF..

Thanks for the comment tho!
and there is a ton of chassis builders on that forum. when i want a suspension question asked, i go over there. maybe you should go look. 38% on the rear is not that great! doug rane's car is what a 52/48.
Doug's car has over 200 lbs of 9 inch.. No reason for that! :D Spung / Unsprung weight.. man where is my Newton’s Law manual! Heheee :lol:

Laters!
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jones said:
I think it's working well enough. As some one said, if we get to many forums it's hard to get anwsers.

Engine tech - 385 series engine topic only
General tech- everything else that does not affect the specifics of the 385 series engine.
Chillys Garage- ????? Who knows!

I am thinking of moving the car project builds into the General tech to get them away from all the crazyness.
Thanks Bro!.. Give us some projects pics on your Stang!

Ya Rock!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,990 Posts
s_stang said:
Doug's car has over 200 lbs of 9 inch.. No reason for that! :D Spung / Unsprung weight.. man where is my Newton’s Law manual! Heheee :lol:

Laters!
Sure there's a reason, the 8.8 is not going to get the job done with with 2 stages of N20 that I have planned for later. Also the 8.8 may be well suited for your engine Les, but not mine. And here's something for you to read. :wink:

Unsprung vs. sprung weight have no difference in their effect on acceleration or top speed. There is no “1-10” rule (or any other ratio) where 1 lb. removed from unsprung weight “has the same same effect as” a higher amount of sprung weight. Any benefit from weight reduction towards increased MPH or reduced ET will be exactly the same as if the weight were removed from the chassis. Weight removed from an unsprung component, such as a rear wheel or axle housing, may affect traction if the wheel is not under control during launch.
Lighter wheels & tires do have a very small additional benefit due to the lower amount of power required to rotate them (true of all rotating components), but this is not due to their classification as unsprung weight.
The unsprung vs. sprung weight percentage greatly affects wheel control, but its importance is almost entirely limited to un-even surfaces, or conditions where the attitude of the vehicle changes (such as through G forces). This is most important in off-road and pavement road racing, somewhat less important in dirt track, and has almost no value in drag racing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
Assembled with the proper components, gun drilled axles, after market brakes and aluminum center section a 9 is lighter than a 8.8. You did install the lightened ring gear….right???
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top