Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carl,

You opened up a very interesting thread, and I wish to change your mind and reopen it. This forum has quite a few dumb-a#$ on it, and while they can be taxing at times, I know all the regulars appreciate good threads like that.

Don't let one, or even a few dumb-a#$ spoil good technical information.

Dave

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Carl,

You opened up a very interesting thread, and I wish to change your mind and reopen it. This forum has quite a few dumb-a#$ on it, and while they can be taxing at times, I know all the regulars appreciate good threads like that.

Dave

X2

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Well I "do" AND I 'm a dumb ***, but the poll would not let me choose two, so I picked 'Do'.

EDIT: apparently I'm a dumb {three asterisks}...

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Carl and I have had our differences of oppinion but, not about facts.

When some "know it all, part time racer, keyboard jocky" starts liableing someones intentions for posting FACTS and doesn't have any information to back it up other than what he thinks, is simply a jerk.

In my oppinion, Carl did the right thing to not allow this to be a podium for such nonsense.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I read the thread and came home and took some pictures and measurements of a new set of eagle sir rods to post the info on the thread and then it was locked. I forwarded the info on to Carl with pictures. Sure wish I could have posted the pictures and measurements.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
JUST MAKE A NEW THREAD.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I find it quite interesting that when a person posses a ligitimate agrument opposite of what the OP has presented and that OP gives a total smart *** reply back and then apparently expects no reply of similar quality, they close the thread and cry.

Carl, just because my opinion of cheap connecting rods in apparently in conflict with what you believe is "The Best for your customers" is no reason to act like a cry baby. It's a pretty well known fact that the items you have presented are on the low end and not much if any better than preped stock components. Its pretty apparent with the places they break and the failure's noted. IMO (that's IN MY OPINION) you would be a fool to use such part in anything other than a stock build when for a very modest sum one can get a better piece with a much better proven record not to have the same short commings.

I believe after reading and searching on this forum a few have commented, The Chinese H beam rods are, and i quote are "Much better than they should be for the money" or something to that effect. I will also add that the above statment reflects my experiances also.

Now if MY OPINION and EXPERIANCE is incorrect well I guess thats just the way it is, but for you to deliberatly and in such a smart assed manner correct my post to your belief is pretty damn childish and very unprofessional. And for others to make such a spectical of a difference in opinion, very clearly shows where this forum is heading and the real quality it is lacking.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Carl and I have had our differences of oppinion but, not about facts.

When some "know it all, part time racer, keyboard jocky" starts liableing someones intentions for posting FACTS and doesn't have any information to back it up other than what he thinks, is simply a jerk.

In my oppinion, Carl did the right thing to not allow this to be a podium for such nonsense.
So please state the facts, and you will please note no liableing was started untill the party started making smart *** unprofessional remarks rather than offering a debatable retort to what was presented.

If I'm a jerk for providing my opinion I suppose I'm in your company, as you seem to do the same quite often.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Carl,

Dave
And you, You defy definition this early in the morning. After seeing how you handle yourself with several other threads in the recent past, it honestly makes me wonder. Especialy after seeing a thread like this started.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
This thread certainly made me ask, "did I do something wrong too"?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I see this one on its way to being locked also. Calling out three of the most respected builders on the board for stating simple facts yet trying to argue against the obvious. big-n-bad your opinion is noted but, You would be better off preaching religion to the pope.

Just saying.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And you, You defy definition this early in the morning. After seeing how you handle yourself with several other threads in the recent past, it honestly makes me wonder. Especialy after seeing a thread like this started.
Mmm, and how did I handle myself? Did I not come in this section, apoligize, and offer proof of why I acted the way that I did?

Getting back to the point, I do not see where Carl was trying, attemping, and/or saying about selling anything. You are the one who is reading something that just isn't there. He interjects some humor, which was totally correct, and you decided to take a stab.

Believe it or not, but those rods do have their place in different builds. It's like saying all builds need a forged crank.

Hope that helps,

Dave

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Enough with the drama. I don't have time for this crap. The course this thread is taking is exactly the reason I closed the other one. I was only trying to interject a little humor into the discussion while making my point. (hence the green smiley) :rolleyes:. Obviously that was lost on him and he decided to attack my character. I don't take that lightly, and I'm not interested in an endless argument with somebody who's clearly driven by negativity and conflict.

Dave McLain did nothing wrong. He had factual information with documentation of his experience and posted it for everyone to consider. That's exactly the kind of discussion I hoped to spur when I started the thread. (just wish he'd re-size the photos ;))

If Paul wants to re-open the thread and delete the controversial comments so people can continue the discussion, I'm fine with that.

(and yes, I voted dumb-*** :D) <----notice the smiley!

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
So please state the facts, and you will please note no liableing was started untill the party started making smart *** unprofessional remarks rather than offering a debatable retort to what was presented.

If I'm a jerk for providing my opinion I suppose I'm in your company, as you seem to do the same quite often.
Differences of oppinion don't make you a jerk; attacking someone's business practices without known actual data or attacking someone's personal integrity without direct cause - DOES.

EDIT: I wonder if you are intelligent enough to know those differences.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Damn I miss all the good stuff.....just hanging around to back up Carl.....ha!

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
(and yes, I voted dumb-*** :D) <----notice the smiley!
Like a friend used to tell me, your a#$ may be dumb, but you're not a dumb-a#$. :D

I didn't want you to feel like you are not appreciated, Carl, hence the reason I started this thread. We have lost too many good contributors over the years.

Peace. :cool:

Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.