460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a race yesterday here in Vladivostok.

Guy was using VP Race fuel out of a VP Racing blue drum (30 gallon) but the fuel was clear? He said it was 107 octane? I have never heard of that grade?

Every VP fuel I purchased was blue? 110 or 112.

BTW that car ran a 9 flat in the quarter! Nissan Skyline with a 3.5 L and 88 turbo:)

Bruce

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
It is probably Clear, and VP.... just not 107. Local track guys get off telling people stuff to see if they will believe them.

·
Registered
203 Posts
might be the fuel they call "Import" usally the stuff is nasty smelling and not legal in some states. I know alot of outlaw turbo sleds that use that stuff here in NY, but they have to get it out of state

NOTE no I dont use it C-12 for me thank you

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey Bruce,
They do Drag Racing across the big pond? I thought the name of that place sounded a little "unfamiliar". We've haven't tried the converter yet...dealing with a little mishap with the cam pin and some bent valves on the 557.

Stay warm.

Greg Combs

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greg,

Yes, they do drag race over here. In fact the city just approved the construction of a "world class" drag racing facility:)

1/4 mile track with a nice long shutdown area, grandstands, VIP boxes, all the stuff you see at U.S. tracks!

Right now we are racing at an airport. 1/4 mile with a short shutdown area. Hoping to get my car over here for next year.

Let me know when you get the car together.

Bruce

1 - 8 of 8 Posts