460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
3rd video down, VH45 baby!!! That's one heck of a Nissan engine. I've got a couple and I'm oh so tempted to just trash the whole bbf idea and run a turboed VH. Forged crank, 6 bolt mains with girdle, DOHC, variable valve timing, all aluminum V8 for the win! Too bad it's only 4.5L, but that's partly why I'm actually considering the swap... gas prices are so dang high and I want to go on longer trips with my mustang. Guys in Australia are running completely stock VH45s with the exception of a carb intake manifold and re-ground cams with springs to 9,000rpm continuous. That's completely stock unopened bottom end, stock heads, stock valves, re-ground stock cams. Not to steal the thread, but I can either use my supra R154 5 speed behind a turbo VH45DE and keep my 3.89 rear, or put the ZF 5 speed truck trans behind my 514 and get 2.47 gears to bring the cruising rpms down. Even with the lower cruising rpms of the 514, I think I'd get worse mileage than with the VH. Also, those VHs sound oh so sweet at 7000rpm with uncorked exhaust. I can only imagine how nice it'd be at 9000rpm (I'd get the cams ground and drop in the aftermarket springs if I do the project). Thoughts?

·
Registered
158 Posts
There's just nothing to top the sound of a big V-8.

Went to LeMans two & three years ago and it was great to hear the Ferraris, but it was really special to hear the Saleens & Corvettes coming past the pits and into the corners on the way to the back stretch!!!

The crowd loves them too

Ken F

1 - 3 of 3 Posts