460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to buy engine block motor mount plates. These are the plates between the block and Isolator. The Ford part no is D1ZZ-6030 and 6031 or Mustang Unlimited part # 7173PR. They are backordered form MU and I have a engine ready to set. I have the frame mounts and isolators. Looking good used or new

·
Registered
532 Posts
Those are the same as 70-71 torino,not that easy to find and not cheap. Try Perogie Enterprises 609-448-1684.

Jesse

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried Perogie and they didn't have any. Your right they are hard to find or cheap. MU is the only supplier that I could find that had them listed in their catalog. They sent me the wrong part the first time, they were backordered then, and the new part is also BO. I may have a set located in North Dakota but not sure yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Called Crites and they said maybe in 30 days. I also called Auto Crafters and they don't stock them, only a complete swap kit. Thanks for the Auto Crafters lead though that's one place that I was not familier with.

·
Registered
532 Posts
what about dearborn classics,and macs? I have also seen a guy use the fe ones from a 67-70 mustang and cut the hole out of the top of the plate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The plates that MU sent that were wrong were for the 390/428. When I tried to install them one bolt hole didn't line up. I thought that if I just drilled the third hole correctly that everything would work, so I did. What the result was that the frame mounts were about an inch off on both sides, frame mounts now had wider stance. If I completely redrilled them to fit it would raise the engine up in the frame and hood clearence would be an issue.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The only other place I would say to check is the torinocobra forum,see if one of the guys there have a set.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All Classic Mustangs in North Dakota had a set, there on the way. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
189 Posts
460 van mounts work well in 71 to 73 mustang's and cougar's with the small block frame stand's plus make's it solid.
if anyone needs a set of them just email me

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the mount plates from All Classic Mustangs in North Dakota on Saturday. The parts looked like new. Engine and trans are all bolted in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts