460 Ford Forum banner

Want to trade stroker kit? 514 for 557?

3K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  77highboy460 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 514 stroker assembly, has about 20hrs of run time in a boat before it ate a bearing on the rod journal. The crank is fresh out of the shop with the wrapping still on it. The kit is probe srs +.080 pistons with rings, new eagle H-beam 6.8" rods, piston pins and clips, fresh straight crank 4.15" stroke, and clevite 77 P-series bearings.

The pistons are balanced, crank is internally balanced, and rods are balanced but the rotating assembly should be balanced together due to the switch in rods. I don't know the exact weight change between rod sets.

I am looking for a complete 557 stroker assembly for +.080 over if anyone is looking for a shorter stroker.

This not a desperate situation but I have other options for trade leverage if necessary.

I have a custom ground cam kit from scotty with lifters, platforms, keepers, and springs. the entire set is put together from scott himself. Lunati voodoo 61605 base with a 109.5 lobe sep. It is good for about 550hp and 600+ lb-ft of torque with my stealth intake and a good set of heads. huge torque down low as well.

I am also willing to sell if anyone wants to buy this. $1,400 plus shipping takes everything. I have more parts as well, feel free to message me.

chuck

thank you,

chuck

See less See more
#8 ·
Chuck, for the love of God please just put the 514 together! :) i promise it will put a huge smile on your face and if ya really want to go fast put a C6 with a 2000-2500 stall converter behind it and go tear up new Mustangs and brand X's at the stop lights! :)

#10 ·
lol, I know man. I just figured while I have the time, I may as well see if I can gain a couple cubes. can't go wrong with bigger can ya? I am throwing around the thought of a c6 but I think a zf6 tranny would be better for me. Shorter gears than my 4-speed will help a ton, and I always like to have something to do while I drive.

#17 ·
we'll see what happens, the army is going to move us where we want to live so the wife and I have it narrowed down to alaska or wisconsin. if it were alaska, it would either be for school at UAF or anchorage. if it were wisconsin it will be potosi, beautiful small town on the mississippi in the highlands. I would be happy with either, is there good beer up there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.