460 Ford Forum banner

Wanted: 427 Ford Crank

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  747JETMECH 
#1 ·
Im looking for a 427 G-code crank out of a 63.
Crank number C38E-G Thanks
Dan

#5 ·
In 1963, the G-code engine was a 406 (6V). The 427 was either a Q-code (4V) or R-code (8V). They may have actually used the same crank, since they had the same stroke. I know the 427 cranks had grooved mains, but I don't know about the 406. I have seen one 427 crank that was C3AE-E, but that isn't to say they didn't also have one that was C3AE-G (not C38E-G).

Tim

#6 ·
Thier was one on Fleabay

#7 ·
Im being honest here guys !!! I dont know crap about these numbers.. lol....
Anyway, Im the middle man here.. So this is what I was told just now..
The R code is the car number.. It means H.P. 427.. I was wrong on the crank number..
It is C-3AE-G.. My Bad.. Not the4 first time.. ha ha..

#12 ·
Motor

I have been thinking of letting this motor go. I just bought a big spline toploader for it. The motor is a complete 427 8V out of a 63 galaxy. I had everything including the cast iron headers. I sold the headers and dual point distributer but have the rest including fuel log and fuel pump. From aircleaner to oil pan. Extra crank and extra set of reconditioned rods. It came with a chrome dampener, chrome fuel log. Aircleaner has the bird in it. Carbs even have the tags on them yet.
All machine is done. Al Lease in San Mateo did the machine work and its ready for assy. Heads are done with new valves, etc..

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.