460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
aa

It depends upon what head you have to put the covers on - aftermarket heads seem to have higher pan rails

They will work with roller rockers and CJ heads but you have to remove the driprails
Ran my 71 SCJ that way for several years

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You looking for used covers? or a place to get the style you're looking for new?

Blue Thunder makes the only Cobra finned covers for a 385 series that I'm familiar with. They come plain finned or with Cobra 429, 460, or 500+. BT also makes valve-cover spacers so you can put vertually any cover over roller rockers and stud girdles. There are a couple of BT dealers who are members here. One is Barry at http://www.Survivalmotorsports.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cobra valve covers

I have super cobra jet aluminum heads. I believe i will need taller valve covers because of the roller rockers. I want to buy finned "cobra 429" or "cobra 460" or just "powered by cobra" valve covers. If anyone has some for sale, i am intrested. Jay

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have 5 sets here in stock. Manufactured, machined and distributed by Blue Thunder in the United States. Price is $235.00 per set. Call 951-763-9765 , or email if you need a set.

Dennis

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
seen a set on ebay go for $405.00 yesterday they where new cobra jet factory still in the ford box i tried for them but to rich for my blood cant see that much unless you are doing a retro build

1 - 8 of 8 Posts