460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening 460 fans!

I’m looking for an “as close too original possible” 460 block. Was working on a simple restore of my D1VE and found a big crack as you may have seen in my other forum post.

I’m restoring it for a daily driver 1976 f-250. Street use only, no race. If possible stock bore. Nothing extravagant except... crack free of course. I’m in west Texas, El Paso area. So anything New Mexico/Texas will be considered.

Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you don't find what you want in your area, I live in the Kansas City, MO. area.
I have a 1995 460 short block. 140,000 miles in a class a motorhome. 0.0015" taper in #1 & #5 cylinders. The other 6 cylinders have less taper. Hone it, ring it and your good to go. I assume the crank is good. It held good oil pressure at idle. I could pull some bearing caps and mic every thing, if necessary and take pix. I suspect a good polish is all the crank would need.
I replaced it with a 528 stroker and no longer need the block, crank, rods, pistons, cam and lifters, timing chain and gears. front hatchet spacer & flex plate.
It's amazing how little play the double row roller chain has in it.
The engine was changed to Walmart Synthetic 10W30 @ 38,000 miles. After having a look see at 140,000 miles, I put Synthetic in the new 528.

Richard
[email protected]
cell 816-308-3629

1 - 2 of 2 Posts