460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Good luck.

Ive heard www.Maddogheaders.net will be building some 2 1/8" primary headers but nothing available yet. The only other option I know of (while it is a very very good option) is The Fab Shop -http://www.fabshopheaders.com/ but they arent cheap by any means.

Are you sure you need 2 1/8s? Im running Maddog 2" headers in my 79 F250 521 TFS headed mud drag truck.

Bigger isnt always better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this is the deal-i am curently running 2 1/8" primary tubes on my upright style headers. the guys who do my motor work say for whatever reason they think that style is robbing horsepower. now they are not top of the line headers i just had them made by a company called DEC headers. so when i had the emgine built they said to run 2 1/8" so thats what i got but i cant find fenderwell style that size. but i am undecided what to do because they are in my mud bog truck, and the frame is probably 5 feet off the ground but i dont want to take the chance of sucking mud up into the headers. that is why i put the uprights on in the fist place.

·
Registered
690 Posts
youve got a better chance of mud getting in the headers with uprights than you do with downswept headers.

I know of a couple guys on here making in the 800hp and 7000rpm range that are running 2" Maddogs with no trouble. If you are set on buying new headers I think they would be a very good option....but have them coated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got my Mad Dog headers coated by Jet Hot and they started rusting in about a month & they were new when I sent them. It's been about a 1 1/2 yrs now & they look pretty rough. They do have a 3 yr warranty & I called them & they told me no problem to send them back.-A

1 - 11 of 11 Posts