460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a small aluminum transmission breather overflow catch can container. Needs to be able to mount to a chassis tube or driveshaft loop and probably no bigger than 3 inchs in diameter and a total of 8 inches tall - I have seen a unit that does all this and bolts to the PG pan rail, that would work also.

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ron I may have what your looking for. I made 2 one for my radiator overflow and another for you I guess.LOL
2 3/4"dia x 8" aluminum pipe with tig welded caps on both ends. One end has a 1/8 npt threaded hole in it. It weighs maybe a pound or so. You would have to figure out how to mount it.
Here is a couple pics so you can see what it looks like.
mike

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aa

Mike

What is the wall thickness of the tube and the end pieces - is the 1/8 FPT a bung or tapped - I would have to add a mount bracket, and add a breather to one end and a drain on the other - appreciate a reply when you get a chance

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think the tube wall thickness is 1/8". It was a 1/4" and I turned it down some.
The 1/8" fpt is tapped into the end cap. The end cap with treads is 3/4" thick, The other end is 1/4" thick.
Ron I could add a bracket and the other holes if you could give me a drawing with some dimensions.
I'll PM you my email.
mike

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aa

You are a fabricator !!!! Cool

My big concern is height, I know I can get a breather filter element for the top, need to measure the one I have on my vacuum seperator.

Let me do some checking

Where are you located

Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm in NW Indiana.
I worked in our plants maintenance/machine shop up until about a month ago but still have access to the equipment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts